The Hideez Smart Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter for Mac and Windows is one of the few that are MacOS compatible. The product is claimed to be compatible with MacOS 10.7, MacOS 10.8, MacOS 10.9, MacOS 10.10, MacOS 10.11, MacOS 10.12, MacOS 10.13, MacOS 10.14, MacOS 10.15. Basically every version of MacOS since 10.7.
How do I connect my Bluetooth dongle to my Mac?
Here’s how you can set up your Bluetooth dongle on Mac devices:
- Insert the Bluetooth dongle in your computer’s USB port.
- Reboot your computer.
- When your computer reboots, you can choose between two options. You can send a special command to the system through the command line and allow the Hideez Dongle by default.
How do I connect a Bluetooth dongle to my MacBook Pro?
Plug Hideez Dongle, start Bluetooth Explorer, choose Tools / HSI Controller Selector in the menu and select adapter. Restart Mac. Dongle will be found and you will be able to add Hideez in the application. Other Bluetooth devices will be found automatically.
How do I connect my dongle to my Mac?
Simply connect it to the USB-C port in your MacBook and you will have at least one USB 3.0 hub to connect your dongle. Plug your dongle into the USB 3.0 hub. You will see that MacOS detects the device. If it is just a storage device or a Flash Drive, you will be able to use it straight away by opening Finder.
Can you use a dongle on a MacBook?
So if you’ve got one of the new MacBook Pros, from 2016 onwards and you want to be able to use your old familiar devices then you’re going to need a USB-C dongle or adapter. USB-A, HDMI, Ethernet, DisplayPort, SD & Micro SD, all of those connections that you use on an everyday basis, you’re going to need a dongle.
How do I use Hideez Bluetooth dongle on Mac?
How to use Hideez Bluetooth Dongle on MacOS
- In the list of bluetooth devices, delete all paired devices.
- Insert the Dongle into the USB port.
- Reboot the Mac.
- Then restart Mac.
- Pull out and insert the Dongle into the USB port.
- How to check which Bluetooth your Mac is using now?
How do I connect my old Mac to Bluetooth?
Connect a Bluetooth device with your Mac
- Make sure the device is turned on and discoverable (see the device’s documentation for details).
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth. Open Bluetooth preferences for me.
- Select the device in the list, then click Connect.
Why won’t my Bluetooth headphones connect to my Macbook?
Reset the Bluetooth module
Press on Shift + Option and hit on the Bluetooth icon found in the menu bar. Select Debug and proceed to Remove all devices. Select Debug once more but this time, choose Reset the Bluetooth module. Restart your computer and attempt Bluetooth pairing once again.
Why isn’t my Bluetooth working on my Macbook?
Using your Mac notebook’s built-in trackpad or a USB mouse, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth. … If the Bluetooth icon doesn’t appear, or if the menu bar status continues to indicate that Bluetooth is off, restart your computer and then try to turn Bluetooth on again.
Why won’t my Bluetooth speaker connect to my Mac?
Here’s how to reset Bluetooth on Mac: Hold Shift + Option and click on the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar. … Click Debug again and select “Reset the Bluetooth module” Restart your Mac and re-pair your Bluetooth devices.
How do I know if my dongle is working Mac?
How can I check if my USB device is properly detected by Mac OS?
- Click the Apple icon.
- Click About This Mac.
- Click More Info or System Report.
- Under the appropriate heading, confirm that your USB device is listed and that there isn’t an error. For example, a network card would be under Ethernet Cards.
How do I connect my 4G dongle to my Mac?
Step 1: Connect the 3G/4G/LTE dongle through a USB port to your Mac. Open Network via System Preferences on your Mac and Create a New Service by clicking the + icon. A New Service pop-up will appear; under the Interface drop-down, choose your 3G/4G/LTE dongle and click Create.