If your Bluetooth keyboard will not pair with your computer, even though the keyboard normally connects, the first thing to do is replace the batteries in the keyboard. If your keyboard uses another power source, ensure the power source is providing power to the device.
What do you do when your wireless keyboard won’t connect?
How Do You Connect a Wireless Keyboard?
- Remove and Plug Back in the USB Receiver.
- Check the Batteries in the Keyboard.
- Remove the Keyboard from Windows and Try Again.
- Test the Keyboard on Another Computer.
- Manually Search for and Install Drivers.
- Automate Device Driver Updates.
How do I reconnect my Bluetooth keyboard?
To pair a Bluetooth keyboard, mouse, or other device
- Turn on your Bluetooth keyboard, mouse, or other device and make it discoverable. The way you make it discoverable depends on the device. …
- On your PC, select Start > Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices > Add Bluetooth or other device > Bluetooth.
Why won’t my Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard connect?
Still not working? Here’s what to do. Start the Bluetooth troubleshooter: Select Start > Settings >Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooters. Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth > Run the troubleshooter and follow the instructions.
Why is my keyboard not connecting?
Sometimes the battery can cause keyboard-related problems, especially if it overheats. There’s also a chance the keyboard has been damaged or disconnected from the motherboard. In these two cases, you’ll have to open up the laptop and connect the keyboard or replace it if it’s faulty.
How do I connect a wireless keyboard without USB receiver?
How to Connect HP Wireless Keyboard Without Receiver?
- Turn on Wi-Fi on the computer and keyboard.
- Go to the start menu and search “Add a Bluetooth device”
- Click on the add option.
- It will show device name after searching for available devices.
- Pair your keyboard with the computer with the pair option.
How do I turn on my Bluetooth 3.0 keyboard?
Go to Devices and Printers menu (to reach that menu, open Start menu and type this word: devices) Select Bluetooth 3.0 Keyboard and to right-click, then select Properties. Go to the Services tab and tick (enable) Drivers for keyboard, mice, etc.
How do I reset my Bluetooth keyboard Windows 10?
- In the search box on the taskbar, enter device manager, then select Device Manager from the results.
- In Device Manager, select Bluetooth. …
- Select Start , then select Power > Shut down .
- After your device shuts down, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
How do I make my Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard discoverable?
Connect your keyboard
Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices > Add Bluetooth or other device > Bluetooth > Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard > Done.