Why do I have to unlock my phone to turn off Wi-Fi?
Basically if the SIM card is retrieved from the phone to stop having cellular data, Wi-Fi is still used to located the phone. PIN code or other safety option is to prevent the thief or other person to deactivate Wi-Fi.
How do I turn off Wi-Fi when my phone is locked?
Obtaining the application and configuring it
- Go to Google Play and download the app Better Wifi On / Off;
- When opening the program for the first time, tap on “Dismiss” and then click on the icon shown in the image below to access your options;
- Slide the options menu down and enable “Expert mode”;
Why is my Wi-Fi on my phone locked?
A locked icon next to your wireless network indicates that you have set wireless security on the network. Wireless security adds two levels of security to your network. The first is that your data is encrypted as it goes over the wireless network. The second is that you set an access key for this network.
Can I still use Wi-Fi if my phone is locked?
You can use it in locked form. THe Wifi will work just fine. Note that some devices, may want to prompt you with an activation screen, but the code to bypass that is on the net. And it’s legal to do so.
How do I unlock my phones WIFI?
You can enable and configure these options by heading to Settings > Security > Smart Lock (this may differ slightly depending on your device). Enter your PIN, then you can select the Smart Lock option you want.
How do I turn off data when my phone is locked?
After that in the top-right corner you will see a setting logo click on that. Then under the ‘power saver’ you will see your required option “Turn off mobile data when device is locked”. Click on that and select your preference to Never if you want your mobile data to never be turned off automatically.
How do I turn off quick settings on my lock screen?
Settings->device->notification center. Turn off access to quick settings.
How do I turn off mobile data without unlocking my phone?
Any person can swipe down on screen to access notification bar and then tap on Wi-Fi, mobile data and location icons to deactivate them.
How do you fix your phone when it wont connect to Wi-Fi?
Restart your device.
- Restart your device. It might sound simple, but sometimes that’s all it takes to fix a bad connection.
- If restarting doesn’t work, switch between Wi-Fi and mobile data: Open your Settings app “Wireless & networks” or “Connections”. …
- Try the troubleshooting steps below.
How can I connect Wi-Fi without unlocking my phone?
All devices: Bypass screenlock using a special app
- Go to the web version of Google Play.
- Login with the Google account associated with your Android device.
- Install Screen Lock Bypass (unfortunately a paid app now).
- Reboot your device.