How do I find my SIM PIN code?
On stock Android, open the Settings for your smartphone or tablet and tap on Security.
- Access Security Settings. …
- Go to the Advanced section. …
- Access SIM card lock. …
- Select the SIM card whose PIN you want to change or remove. …
- Tap on Biometrics and security. …
- Access Other security settings. …
- Access Set up SIM card lock.
Does my SIM card have a PIN?
A SIM card typically comes with a default PIN, but it’s not used for locking purposes. The SIM card also has an associated PIN Unlock Key (PUK). … A new page will open, containing the PUK code for your phone. Enter the code on your phone’s screen to unblock the SIM, and create a new PIN.
What is SIM PIN code?
Very simply, a SIM PIN is a code, usually between four and six digits, that prevents a SIM card from being used if placed in a new phone, or even after rebooting a phone it’s currently inserted into.
What do I do if I forgot my sim pin?
If you forgot or don’t know your SIM PIN
- Contact the carrier that gave you the SIM card. …
- Ask your carrier to help you unlock your SIM card using the default SIM PIN or PUK code.
- If you can’t unlock your SIM card using the SIM PIN or PUK code or if an alert says, “PUK exhausted,” ask for a new SIM card.
How do I know if my SIM card is locked?
If you can’t readily tell whether the newly inserted SIM card is working or not, try making a phone call. If the call doesn’t connect, it’s likely that your phone is locked. If you don’t have the phone yet because you’re the one buying it, you’ll have to ask and trust the seller to find out.
Can you unlock a permanently locked SIM card?
To unlock your SIM Card, reset the PIN by entering your SIM Card’s unique PUK (PIN Unlock Key). Note: Entering an incorrect PUK (PIN Unlock Key) 10 times will permanently lock your SIM Card. If the SIM Card becomes permanently locked, you will need to swap it for a new SIM Card.
How do I activate my SIM card?
Follow these steps to make the connection:
- Eject the SIM card from the device and record the SIM ID. …
- Insert the SIM after your account has been updated.
- Restart your phone again and allow the activation process to complete fully.
What is a PIN PUK unlock code?
The PIN (Personal Identification Number) code is intended to protect your SIM Card from unauthorized use. … The PUK (Personal Unblocking Key) code is a code consisting of 8 digits. It is used to unblock your SIM card when you entered 3 times a wrong PIN code.
How do I remove my SIM card PIN?
First, go to Settings in your Android device’s main menu. In the Settings menu, choose Security, then Set up SIM card lock. First, here’s how to disable the SIM card PIN. All you have to do is to uncheck the box next to “Lock SIM card” and then confirm the change by inputting the current PIN code.