Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled in your smartphone and that the devices are properly paired and connected. Make sure the Fitbit app is installed and updated. Verify if Always Connected settings in your Fitbit Versa is enabled. … Restart Fitbit app in your phone.
How do I make my Fitbit versa Bluetooth discoverable?
How to pair a Fitbit Versa with your phone
- Open the Fitbit app and tap your Account icon (it’s your profile picture at the top-left of the app).
- Tap Set up a Device.
- Choose which Versa you have (we’re using the Versa 2 in this example). …
- Tap Set Up.
- Tap Next.
Why won’t my Bluetooth connect to my Fitbit versa?
Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on. Turn your phone or tablet off and back on. Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app. If your Fitbit scale won’t sync after you reinstall the app, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone or tablet and try to sync.
Why is my Fitbit sense not connecting to my Bluetooth?
Start off by switching the Bluetooth on your phone to off. … The next step is to go to the settings on your phone and switch Bluetooth back on. Open the Fitbit app. If the connection is still not there, try restarting your phone again and opening the app.
How do I Bluetooth my Fitbit versa to my iPhone?
Here’s how it’s done:
- Open Fitbit app on your iPhone.
- Tap on your Fitbit device icon in the top left corner of your screen.
- Tap Sync Now.
- Check for the mobile device and try if the issue is resolved. You can also enable All Day sync option.
Why is my Versa 2 Not pairing?
Reboot both your Android device and Fitbit Versa. Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled in your smartphone and that the devices are properly paired and connected. Make sure the Fitbit app is installed and updated. Verify if Always Connected settings in your Fitbit Versa is enabled.
How do I put my Fitbit versa 2 in pairing mode?
Go to playstore if you have an Android phone or iOS store if you have an iPhone and search for Fitbit app and then download the Fitbit app on your phone and open it. Then you will have to turn on your Bluetooth on your phone to connect with your Versa 2.
How do I fix the Bluetooth pairing problem?
What you can do about pairing failures
- Determine which pairing process your device employs. …
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on. …
- Turn on discoverable mode. …
- Power the devices off and back on. …
- Delete a device from a phone and rediscover it. …
- Make sure the devices you want to pair are designed to connect with each other.
Why is Bluetooth not connecting?
For Android phones, go to Settings > System > Advanced> Reset Options > Reset Wi-fi, mobile & Bluetooth. For iOS and iPadOS device, you’ll have to unpair all of your devices (go to Setting > Bluetooth, select the info icon and and choose Forget This Device for each device) then restart your phone or tablet.
Why is my Fitbit app not working?
You may need to force quit the Fitbit app. From your mobile device, head to Settings>Apps>See all apps>Fitbit>Force Stop. Try turning Bluetooth off and on again. From your mobile device, head to Settings>Bluetooth, then turn the Bluetooth toggle off then on.
How do I put my Fitbit in pairing mode?
Open the Fitbit app and tap Join Fitbit. Follow the on-screen instructions to create a Fitbit account and connect (“pair”) your Fitbit device to your phone or tablet. Pairing makes sure your Fitbit device and phone or tablet can communicate with one another (sync their data).
How do I put my Fitbit sense in pairing mode?
Start the Settings app and tap “Connections,” then tap “Bluetooth.” Find the entry for your Fitbit in the list and if it’s not connected, tap it to try to connect. If it doesn’t work, tap the gear icon and tap “Un pair,” then repeat the setup for your Fitbit to reconnect it to your phone.
How do I turn Bluetooth on my Fitbit sense?
- Turn off the Bluetooth in your phone and any other device nearby.
- Force quit the Fitbit app.
- Reboot your phone and restart your watch.
- Turn on the Bluetooth only on your phone and open the Fitbit app.
- Tap your profile picture > Set Up a Device > Sense > Replace Device.