Enable or Disable the Xfinity WiFi Home Hotspot Feature in My Account. Go to customer.xfinity.com/#/settings/security/hotspot. … Click Turn Off or Turn On to disable or enable your public hotspot. (Note: This is turned on by default.)
How do I temporarily turn off Xfinity WiFi?
Visit www.xfinity.com/myxFi or open the Xfinity app and sign in with your Xfinity ID and password. Navigate to the Connect section, where you will see your WiFi name(s) displayed at the top of the page. If you would like to hide your WiFi network from broadcasting, select See Network near your WiFi name.
Can I turn off Comcast WiFi remotely?
Enable or Disable the Xfinity WiFi Home Hotspot Feature in My Account. Go to https://customer.xfinity.com/#/settings/security/hotspot. Sign in to your account using your Xfinity username and password. Click Turn Off or Turn On to disable or enable your public hotspot.
How do I turn off Xfinity WiFi on my iPhone?
Go to Settings>General>Profile>Xfinity WiFi>>Delete Profile if you want to remove it.
How do I turn off Xfinity WiFi at night?
Toggling the Xfinity Bedtime Mode
- Open the xFi app on your device (available for both iOS and Android).
- Go to the XFi digital dashboard.
- Access the device of your child (while it’s connected to the internet).
- Hit on the button that says Create a Downtime Schedule.
How do I kick someone off my Xfinity WiFi?
From the Services page, under Internet, click Manage Internet. Scroll down to Xfinity WiFi Hotspot Connected Devices and click Manage Devices. Click Rename to edit your device name. Click Remove to remove your device from the list of registered devices.
Should I turn off Xfinity hotspot?
Disabling the Comcast Xfinity public wifi hotspot feature is one way to prevent your modem from being used as a hotspot. However, it still leaves you with an overpriced modem rental fee and a device that uses more electricity than a typical modem/router combo.
How can I block a device from my WiFi?
Here’s how you can block devices on the router admin panel:
- Launch a browser and enter the router IP address.
- Log in with the credentials.
- Click on Wireless or Advanced Menu, then Security.
- Click on MAC Filter.
- Add the MAC address you want to block access for in the filter list.
- Select Reject for MAC filter mode.
How do I control devices connected to my WiFi?
To set up access control:
- Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your router’s network.
- Enter the router user name and password. …
- Select ADVANCED > Security > Access Control.
- Select the Turn on Access Control check box.
How do I turn off xfinity auto login?
- Go to Settings > WiFi.
- Click the “i” icons next to the XFINITY and xfinitywifi networks.
- Toggle off auto-join.
How do I get rid of Xfinity?
You can cancel your Xfinity TV service through an online cancellation form (but you’ll still end up talking to a representative), or you can cancel by calling Retention at 1-800-XFINITY.