Call Customer Service At Your Carrier To Ask About Activation Status. If you haven’t yet activated your SIM card, contact customer service at your provider to ask about activation status. – You can also visit a store where staff can activate the device in person – but call first for information on how to do so!
How do I know if my SIM card is active?
Without the sim card registration, a sim card won’t be active or activated for mobile use. To check to see if sim card is activated, try to make calls or receive calls, send a message and see if it will go through or try internet connection and see if it will work on your phone.
How can I test my SIM card?
How to Test a SIM Card
- Slide off the back cover of your phone and remove the battery and SIM card inside. …
- Wipe any dirt or dust particles from the SIM card using a clean cloth. …
- Remove dust and dirt from the slot dedicated for the SIM card. …
- Fit the SIM card into the slot. …
- Return the battery back to your phone.
What do I do if my SIM card is not working?
Troubleshooting SIM card problems
- Turn off your phone and remove the SIM card.
- Clean the gold connectors on the SIM with a clean lint-free cloth.
- Replace the battery and turn your phone on without the SIM.
- Turn your phone off, replace the SIM and restart the phone.
How long does it take for my SIM card to activate?
Usually, you’ll have to enter the phone number or SIM card number. After that, you may get a message with further instructions. And some SIM’s take up to 24 hours to activate, though this is rare. Typically, to activate your SIM card you just need to insert the correct sized SIM into your phone.
How do you activate an expired SIM card?
How to Reactivate an Old SIM Card
- i. Remove the SIM card from the handset.
- i. Write down the numbers that are printed on the SIM card. …
- i. Contact your wireless provider to activate your SIM card. …
- i. Give the IMEI number and SIM card number to your customer service agent.
- i. …
Do SIM cards expire if not used?
On most mainstream mobile networks, your credit will never expire providing your SIM card remains active. … Your SIM card will be cancelled automatically if you haven’t used it for a certain amount of time (between 84 days and 270 days depending on the network).
What will happen if I put my SIM card in another phone?
When you move your SIM to another phone, you keep the same cell phone service. SIM cards make it easy for you to have multiple phone numbers so you can switch between them whenever you like. … In contrast, only SIM cards from a specific cell phone company will work in its locked phones.
What can cause a SIM card to stop working?
Some of the problems with the SIM slot that can cause this problem: – SIM Card not inserted properly. – Loose SIM slot resulting in the card losing the connection with the reader of the device. – Accumulation of dust over the slot and SIM card reader making the slot incapable of reading the card properly.
Why is my phone not recognizing my SIM card?
Open Settings > Mobile Network. Under SIM Card info and Settings, Tap the SIM, and toggle on “Enable”. Also, make sure the data roaming is ON to avoid this issue when you’re in a roaming area. When you face the issue of “SIM Card not detected”, clearing out cache data could prove an effective solution.
How do you activate a 3 SIM card?
Activating your SIM.
- Insert your SIM into your phone and switch it on. …
- We’ll text you to let you know we’ve started activating your SIM. …
- We’ll send you a second text telling you to turn your phone off and on again.
- Your SIM will be activated when you restart your phone.
How do I activate my Telkomsel SIM card?
Subscribers are required to register their prepaid number using the Primary Identification Number (NIK) in electronic ID card or Family Card (KK) and KK number. Existing customers of simPATI, Kartu As, and LOOP can re-register by sending SMS to 4444 by typing ULANG <space> NIK#KK#.