How do I search for Wi-Fi on my laptop?
Connect a PC to your wireless network
- Select the Network or icon in the notification area.
- In the list of networks, choose the network that you want to connect to, and then select Connect.
- Type the security key (often called the password).
- Follow additional instructions if there are any.
Why can’t I see my Wi-Fi on my laptop?
Make sure your computer/device is still in the range of your router/modem. Move it closer if it is currently too far away. Go to Advanced > Wireless > Wireless Settings, and check the wireless settings. Double check your Wireless Network Name and SSID is not hided.
How do I manually connect to WiFi?
Option 2: Add network
- Swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Make sure Wi-Fi is turned on.
- Touch and hold Wi-Fi .
- At the bottom of the list, tap Add network. You may need to enter the network name (SSID) and security details.
- Tap Save.
Why isn’t my computer connecting to WiFi?
There are several reasons why your PC might not be able to connect to Wi-Fi. You should first make sure that your PC’s Wi-Fi adapter hasn’t been turned off, or needs to be reset. The issue might also be with the Wi-Fi, not your PC — make sure that it works on other devices.
Why can’t I see my Wi-Fi network on my laptop Windows 10?
Go to Start , and select Settings > Network & Internet. Select Airplane mode, turn it On, and turn it back Off. Select Wi-Fi and make sure that Wi-Fi is set to On. If you still don’t see your network listed on your Surface, try Solution 4.
Why can’t my laptop find my 5g Wi-Fi?
You can also right-click on the adapter in Device Manager, click Properties and then switch to the Advanced tab. You’ll see a list of properties, one of which should mention 5GHz. If you don’t see an option to enable or disable 5GHz, either your adapter doesn’t support it, or the wrong drivers are installed.
How do I fix the WiFi on my laptop?
Fixes for WiFi not working on laptop
- Update your Wi-Fi driver.
- Check if Wi-Fi is enabled.
- Reset WLAN AutoConfig.
- Change adapter Power Settings.
- Renew IP and flush DNS.
How do I enable WiFi on my desktop?
Click the Windows button -> Settings -> Network & Internet. Select Wi-Fi. Slide Wi-Fi On, then available networks will be listed. Click Connect.