Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile hotspot. For Share my Internet connection from, choose the Internet connection you want to share. Select Edit > enter a new network name and password > Save. Turn on Share my Internet connection with other devices.
How do I hook up WiFi to my desktop?
Connect a PC to your wireless network
- Select the Network or icon in the notification area.
- In the list of networks, choose the network that you want to connect to, and then select Connect.
- Type the security key (often called the password).
- Follow additional instructions if there are any.
Can WiFi be connected to desktop?
VIBOTON Smacc Wifi Adapter for PC,Laptop, USB wifi Dongle small size, wi-fi Receiver 150-1200MBPS, Wireless signal Strength Network Card, wi-fi Receiver device for Desktop, Support – Only Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 ( Driver Free – Plug and Play)
Why isn’t my WiFi connecting to my desktop?
Sometimes connection issues arise because your computer’s network adapter might not be enabled. On a Windows computer, check your network adapter by selecting it on the Network Connections Control Panel. Make sure the Wireless connection option is enabled.
How do I connect my desktop to Wi-Fi adapter without Wi-Fi?
3 Ways to Connect Your Desktop to Wifi Without an Adapter
- Grab your smartphone and a USB cable and turn on your computer. …
- After your computer is turned on, connect your phone with it using the USB cable. …
- Turn on wifi on your smartphone.
- Next, drag down your smartphone’s notification bar and tap on the USB notification.
How can I connect my desktop to Wi-Fi without Ethernet?
How to Connect Computer to WiFi Without Cable?
- USB WiFi Adapters. Check Price. USB WiFi adapters can be a great option for you to easily allow the connection. …
- PCI-e WiFi Adapters. Check Price. The PCI-e WiFi adapters are the best for connectivity. …
- WiFi-enabled Motherboard. Check Price. …
- WiFi Card. Check Price.
How do I connect my Wi-Fi adapter to my computer wirelessly?
What is a wireless USB adaptor?
- You’ll have to install the driver software on your computer. …
- Follow the on-screen instructions. …
- Select your wireless network from the ones in range.
- Enter the password for your wireless network.
Why won’t my computer connect to Wi-Fi but my phone will?
Firstly, try using the LAN, wired connection. If the problem concerns only Wi-Fi connection, restart your modem and router. Power them off and wait for some time before turning them on again. Also, it might sound silly, but don’t forget about the physical switch or the function button (FN the on keyboard).
How do I reinstall my network adapter?
Here is how to do it:
- In Device Manager, select Network adapters. Then click Action.
- Click Scan for hardware changes. Then Windows will detect the missing driver for your wireless network adapter and reinstall it automatically.
- Double-click Network adapters.