Plug in your wireless USB adapter to an available USB port on your computer. If your wireless adapter comes with a USB cable, you may plug one end of the cable to your computer and connect the other end on your wireless USB adapter.
How do I get my computer to recognize my wireless adapter?
Update the adapter driver using these steps:
- Right click Start.
- Select Device Manager.
- Select Network Adapters.
- Click on the network adapter name.
- Right click the network adapter.
- Select Update driver.
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Once the steps are complete, click Close.
How do I connect my desktop to WIFI adapter wirelessly?
What is a wireless USB adaptor?
- You’ll have to install the driver software on your computer. …
- Follow the on-screen instructions. …
- Select your wireless network from the ones in range.
- Enter the password for your wireless network.
How do I enable WIFI on a desktop computer without a built-in wifi adapter?
If your desktop PC doesn’t have a built-in Wi-Fi adapter, then your best bet is to add one yourself. They are affordable and easy to install and offer the best wireless performance. Alternatively, you can use USB tethering to connect your smartphone to get you on the Wi-Fi network relatively quickly.
Why is my wireless adapter not detected?
Try updating the driver for your wireless network adapter to see if you can resolve it. … Update the driver for your wireless network adapter automatically – If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your network driver manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Why is my wireless adapter not found?
Make sure the physical wireless switch is on. Check Device Manager for the wireless network adapter. … If no wireless network adapter shows in Device Manager, reset BIOS defaults and reboot into Windows. Check Device Manager again for wireless adapter.
Can you convert a desktop computer to wireless?
Unfortunately, short of getting a new computer, there are no other ways to convert your desktop computer to wireless. You can continue to connect with an Ethernet cable or use a laptop or other device for Wi-Fi, but the best solution is getting an adapter you feel comfortable installing.
How can I connect my mobile Wi-Fi to my desktop?
3. How to Connect a Wi-Fi Hotspot to Your PC
- Open Settings > Network & internet > Hotspot & tethering.
- Tap Portable hotspot (called Wi-Fi hotspot on some phones).
- At the next screen, switch the slider On.
- You can then adjust options for the network on this page.
How do I connect my Windows 10 computer to Wi-Fi?
Connect to a Wi-Fi network in Windows 10
- Select the Network icon on the taskbar. …
- Choose the Wi-Fi network you want, then select Connect.
- Type the network password, and then select Next.
Why is Wi-Fi not an option on my PC?
If the Wifi option in Windows Settings disappears out of the blue, this can be due to your card driver’s power settings. Therefore, to get the Wifi option back, you will have to edit the Power Management settings. Here’s how: Open up Device Manager and expand the Network Adapters list.
Is my desktop Wi-Fi capable?
Click “Start” and then click “Control Panel.” Click “Network and Internet” and then click “Network and Sharing Center.” Click “Change Adapter Settings” in the left pane. If Wireless Network Connection is listed as an available connection, the desktop can connect to a wireless network.