How do I reset my Chromecast?
While the Chromecast is plugged into the TV and powered, press and hold the button on the back of the Chromecast. The LED will start blinking yellow. When the LED light turns solid white, release the button and the Chromecast will then reset.
How do you connect Chromecast to Wi-Fi?
Tap the Cast button in a cast-enabled app.
- Plug in Chromecast and visit chromecast.com/setup. …
- Connect Chromecast to your Wi‑Fi network.
- Tap the Cast button in a cast-enabled app.
How do I reconnect my Chromecast to my new Wi-Fi 1st generation?
Go to your Wi-Fi settings and select your new Chromecast. Look for the same device name you see on your TV screen. Go to Chromecast application and it should say “We found a new Chromecast“, then click Next. Verify Chromecast, the code in your phone should be the same in your TV, then click Next.
How do I relink my Chromecast?
To reboot the Chromecast, just tap the “Reboot” option. Easy peasy. To factory reset the Chromecast, tap the “Settings” button. Then, tap the three dot menu in the upper right corner and choose “Factory reset.”
What to do if Chromecast won’t connect to Wi-Fi?
- Make sure your Chromecast is connected to the same WiFi network.
- Use the HDMI extender cable that came with your Chromecast.
- Reset your Chromecast by holding the reset button your dongle for 25 seconds.
- Reset your modem or router.
- Move your router closer to your Chromecast.
How do I connect my Chromecast to my Wi-Fi username and password?
Create a Mobile Hotspot
- Open Settings.
- Under Wireless & Network tap More.
- Tap Tethering & portable hotspot.
- Tap Set up Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Type a Network name and Password.
- Tap Save.
- Enable Portable Wi-Fi hotspot.
How do I connect my Chromecast to Wi-Fi without a Google Home?
If you can’t connect to Wi-Fi, you can still stream to your Chromecast by using Guest Mode on the Google Home app, mirroring your Android device’s screen, or connecting a cord from your device to your TV.
How do I connect Chromecast to my phone?
How to Chromecast from Android device
- Open the Google Home app.
- Tap the Account tab.
- Scroll down and tap Mirror device.
- Tap Cast Screen/Audio. To successfully use this feature, you need to turn on the “microphone” permission in the Google Play Services app.
- Finally, choose your Chromecast device. You’re done!
Can’t connect to Chromecast 1st gen?
Make sure you power the Chromecast device with the provided power supply into an open electrical outlet, not using a USB input on your TV or other device. Your Apple device, Chromecast device and Wi-Fi Router should be within ~15 feet (4 meters) of each other. Conduct a factory data reset on your Chromecast device.
Does Chromecast 1st gen still work?
The original Chromecast was released in 2013 and remains a useful device, but Google is limiting future updates to bug and security fixes. If you still rely on the original $35 Chromecast for streaming to a TV, then don’t expect it to get any better in terms of features.
How do I set up Chromecast 1st gen?
Get started with these simple steps:
- Plug in your Chromecast device. Plug Chromecast into your TV. …
- Download the Google Home app. On your mobile device or tablet, download the Google Home app .
- Set up Chromecast. Follow these simple Chromecast setup instructions.
- Cast content.