How do I change my router name and password?
To change your WiFi password or network name:
- Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your router’s network.
- Enter www.routerlogin.net. …
- Enter the router admin user name and password. …
- Select Settings > Wireless Setup.
- Enter your new network name in the Name (SSID) field.
Should I change my router name and password?
It’s recommended to change the password after you get in the first time. If you don’t change the password to your router, then anyone with access to it can change its settings and even lock you out.
How do I find my router name and password?
To locate the default username and password for the router, look in its manual. If you’ve lost the manual, you can often find it by searching for your router’s model number and “manual” on Google. Or just search for your router’s model and “default password.”
How do I change my WiFi router name?
How to Change Your WiFi Name and Password
- Open a web browser. …
- Then type your router’s IP address into the search bar and press the Enter key. …
- Next, enter your router’s username and password and click Sign In. …
- Then click Wireless. …
- Next, change your new WiFi name and/or password. …
- Finally, click Apply or Save.
How do I change my 192.168 0.1 password?
- Login to Router admin panel using its default IP Address – 192.168.0.1 / 192.168.1.1.
- Enter the default username and password (admin/admin in most cases).
- Navigate to Wireless > Wireless Security > WPA/WPA2 – Personal (Recommended) > Password .
- Enter your preferred password and Save the change.
Should I change my WiFi router name?
To improve the security or usability of your home wireless network, consider changing the router’s SSID to a different name than the default. An SSID is case sensitive and can contain up to 32 alphanumeric characters.
Is it safe to change WiFi password?
A safe interval between changing your WiFi password is once every three months (which is also a good time to make changes to any passwords for your other sensitive technological devices).
How do I access my router without a password?
If you can’t access the router’s web-based setup page or forgot the router’s password, you may reset the router to its default factory settings. To do this, press and hold the Reset button for 10 seconds. NOTE: Resetting your router to its default factory settings will also reset your router’s password.
How do I log into my router?
- Linksys routers. Launch your web browser and point it at the router’s IP address which by default is 192.168. 1.1.
- Enter the router password in the Access Router field and click the sign-in button. The default password is admin.
- Select WiFi settings to update passwords or transmission channels.
How do I find the name of my router?
Look for a sticker on your router.
Many routers provided by Internet Service Providers have a sticker on the bottom or side, listing the default SSID. This is usually labeled as the SSID or “Network Name” and may be located next to a barcode.