You could check if there are two listed and remove both by Right-clicking the network icon, and select Network and Sharing Center , and then select Change adapter settings in the left pane. You will see WiFi 1 and 2 listed remove both restart the computer and connect again.
How do I delete WiFi 2?
Select the Wi-Fi profile you want to delete and select Forget to delete the profile.
- Select the Wi-Fi icon. on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Select View Connection Settings.
- Select Manage known networks. Note. …
- Select the Wi-Fi profile you want to delete then select Forget.
Why is my WiFi called WiFi 2?
By the way, WiFi 2 refers to the WiFi network name not the adapter name. The change in adapter has provoked this change though. I had the same thing when I replaced a network once. This does you no harm but if, like me, you do not like it you can change it.
How do I remove 2 after SSID?
In the section where it says “View your active networks” click on the house icon (this opens the “Set Network Properties” dialogue. Click on “Merge or delete network locations” (this displays all the networks you have connected to) You can select any that you don’t want and click Delete.
How do I remove unwanted wireless networks?
- From the menu select “Settings” and go to “WLAN”
- Long press the network profile that you want to delete.
- Select forget network from the popup that appears and it will delete the network profile.
What is the difference between WiFi 1 and WiFi 2?
1×1 and 2×2 refer to the number of transmit and receive radio chains built into the Wi-Fi card. 2×2 means it has two transmit and two receive radio chains, and usually implies that it supports 2 “spacial streams”, which is a key way that 802.11n is faster than the previous generation of Wi-Fi technologies.
How do I remove a hidden network in Windows 10?
To delete a wireless network profile in Windows 10:
- Click the Network icon on the lower right corner of your screen.
- Click Network settings.
- Click Manage Wi-Fi settings.
- Under Manage known networks, click the network you want to delete.
- Click Forget. The wireless network profile is deleted.
How is WiFi 6 better?
WiFi 6’s higher speed capability is thanks to technology such as orthogonal frequency division multiple access (OFDMA); MU-MIMO; beamforming, which enables higher data rates at a given range to increase network capacity; and 1024 quadrature amplitude modulation (QAM), which increases throughput for emerging, bandwidth …
How do I enable WiFi on Windows 10?
- Click the Windows button -> Settings -> Network & Internet.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Slide Wi-Fi On, then available networks will be listed. Click Connect. Disable/Enable WiFi.
Why does my SSID have a 2 after it?
This occurrence basically it means your computer has been recognized twice on the network, and since network names must be unique, the system will automatically assign a sequential number to the computer name to make it unique. …
Why does my Wi-Fi name have a 3 after it?
This usually happens when you have Windows-networking enabled, but can also happen if other sharing protocols, such as Bluetooth, are enabled. … Go to the “Sharing” system preferences and uncheck “Bluetooth” sharing.
Why do I have 2 SSID?
Some routers offer multiple SSIDs on the same band. One SSID may be a guest network that allows users to connect to the Internet but not to other local devices, while the other SSID allows Internet access and connection to other WiFi devices on that SSID as well as local Ethernet connected devices.