Virtually all smartphones have FM chipsets inside, but you’re probably locked out of using it. … Every smartphone in the world has an FM tuner built in. But here in the US, just one-third of them actually works, even though the Federal Emergency Management Agency says radio can save lives in an emergency.
Can you use your phone as an FM tuner?
Some Android phones come with built-in FM transmitter functionality, in which case you can use this natively or with a free app such as Quick FM Transmitter and then broadcast the MP3 and other audio files on your phone to your car radio.
Which smartphones have built-in FM radio?
This list includes the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini, Galaxy S5, Galaxy S5 Sport, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge, Galaxy S6 Edge Plus, Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, and S7 Active. THe Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Note Edge, Galaxy Note 4, and Galaxy Note 5 are ready for FM radio as well.
How do I know if my phone has FM radio?
These are some of them:
- Samsung: writing *#0*# in the phone app and pressing call.
- phones ASUS: writing . …
- HTC phones: writing *#*#3424#*#* in the phone application.
- Sony phones: writing *#*#7378423#*#* in the phone application.
- phone Xiaomi: writing *#*#64844#*#* in the phone application.
How can I listen to radio without using data?
To listen to FM radio without data, you need a phone with a built-in FM radio chip, an FM radio app, and earbuds or headphones. NextRadio is a good Android app that lets you listen without data (if the phone has an FM chip) and includes a basic tuner.
Do Android phones have FM radio?
There are no hardware changes, as FM receivers are already present in most smartphones, but not all smartphone makers activate them. NextRadio is a broadcaster-backed app that works with smartphones containing active FM chips (including devices from HTC, Motorola, and LG), letting users listen to local radio stations.
Do Samsung phones have FM tuner?
Samsung phones released in 2018 and later in the USA and Canada have the FM radio chip unlocked, so you can listen to FM radio on them. Samsung has teamed up with TagStation to make its NextRadio app available on US and Canadian phones.
How do I get FM radio on my Android?
As a result, your only option for listening to live FM broadcasts is by using an app that streams radio over the internet. Our favorite digital radio apps are iHeartRadio and TuneIn, and they’re both available on the Google Play Store for free.
What is the best FM radio app?
Top 5 Best Radio Apps for Android in 2019
- 1 – TuneIn Radio – Unveil Up to 100.000 Radio Stations. TuneIn radio application comes with up to 100,000 radio stations. …
- 2 – Audials Radio App. Are you looking for a powerful radio app for android? …
- 3 – PCRADIO – Radio Online. …
- 4 – iHeartRadio. …
- 5 – Xiialive.
Which Samsung phones have FM radio?
2021 Phones that have FM radio
- Samsung Galaxy A80.
- Samsung Galaxy A70.
- Samsung Galaxy A50.
- Samsung Galaxy A40.
- Samsung Galaxy A30.
- Samsung Galaxy A20e.
- Samsung Galaxy A10.
- Samsung Galaxy M20.
How can I listen to FM radio on my phone without headphones?
Use FM Radio Without Headphones
- At first take a Safety pin and press it into sides so that it can easily fit to your mobile headphone jack.
- Then take your mobile phone and put it into your mobile’s headphone jack.
- And then open FM radio of your mobile and set a channel.
What is the best offline radio app?
1: iHeartRadio – Free Music, Radio & Podcasts
iHeartRadio is the best offline radio apps for android. This app has more than 50 million downloads on the play store, and the size of this app is Varies with the device.