By far, the fastest and cheapest way to add Wi-Fi to your PC or laptop is with a USB Wi-Fi adapter. Simply plug the device into a USB port on your computer, install the relevant drivers and you will be up and running in no time.
Can you convert a desktop computer to wireless?
Unfortunately, short of getting a new computer, there are no other ways to convert your desktop computer to wireless. You can continue to connect with an Ethernet cable or use a laptop or other device for Wi-Fi, but the best solution is getting an adapter you feel comfortable installing.
How can I connect my PC to Wi-Fi without cable?
How to Connect Computer to WiFi Without Cable?
- USB WiFi Adapters. Check Price. USB WiFi adapters can be a great option for you to easily allow the connection. …
- PCI-e WiFi Adapters. Check Price. The PCI-e WiFi adapters are the best for connectivity. …
- WiFi-enabled Motherboard. Check Price. …
- WiFi Card. Check Price.
Can my PC connect to Wi-Fi?
The easiest way to get your computer connected to a wireless network is with a USB Wi-Fi adapter for desktops. … All you need to do is follow the instructions above to connect to the network of your choice. Many such USB Wi-Fi dongles are available. The TP-Link USB WiFi Adapter is a good starting point.
How do I connect my Windows 10 computer to Wi-Fi?
To connect to a Wi-Fi network through the taskbar, use these steps:
- Click the Network icon in the bottom-right corner of the taskbar. …
- Select the wireless network to connect.
- (Optional) Check the Connect automatically option.
- Click the Connect button. …
- Confirm the network security key (password). …
- Click the Next button.
How do you know if a desktop computer has wireless?
Click “Start” and then click “Control Panel.” Click “Network and Internet” and then click “Network and Sharing Center.” Click “Change Adapter Settings” in the left pane. If Wireless Network Connection is listed as an available connection, the desktop can connect to a wireless network.
How can I connect my mobile Wi-Fi to my desktop?
3. How to Connect a Wi-Fi Hotspot to Your PC
- Open Settings > Network & internet > Hotspot & tethering.
- Tap Portable hotspot (called Wi-Fi hotspot on some phones).
- At the next screen, switch the slider On.
- You can then adjust options for the network on this page.
Why is Wi-Fi not an option on my PC?
If the Wifi option in Windows Settings disappears out of the blue, this can be due to your card driver’s power settings. Therefore, to get the Wifi option back, you will have to edit the Power Management settings. Here’s how: Open up Device Manager and expand the Network Adapters list.