On your Mac, click the Wi-Fi icon in the menu bar, then choose the network you want to join. If you don’t see the network you want to join, click Other Networks to display nearby networks. If requested, enter the password for the network, then click Join.
How do I create a Wi-Fi network on my Mac?
Click the Wi-Fi status icon in the menu bar, then choose Create Network. Enter a name and choose a channel for your network. Click Create.
Why is my Mac not showing Wi-Fi networks?
Make sure your Mac is within range of the wireless network. The Wi-Fi service may not be available in Network preferences. On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Network. … After the network is available, try connecting again.
How do I add a Wi-Fi network to my Macbook Pro?
On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Network. Click the Add button at the bottom of the list. Click the Interface pop-up menu, then choose Wi-Fi. Enter a name for the service, then click Create.
How do I fix a missing Wi-Fi network?
1. Reinstall your wireless adapter drivers
- Press Windows Key + X to open Power User Menu and select Device Manager from the list.
- Locate your wireless adapter, right-click it and choose Uninstall from the menu.
- If available, select Delete driver software for this device and click OK.
- After doing that, restart your PC.
How do you diagnose Wi-Fi on a Mac?
On your Mac, quit all open apps. Try to join the Wi-Fi network you’re having problems with (if you’re not already connected). Press and hold the Option key, click the Wi-Fi status icon in the menu bar, then choose Open Wireless Diagnostics. Follow the onscreen instructions to analyze your network connection.
How do I unhide wireless networks on Mac?
Answer: A: Temporarily, connect an Ethernet cable from your Mac to one of the LAN <-> ports on your AirPort Extreme. Open AirPort Utility and navigate to “unhide” your network. Turn the wireless back on at your Mac and disconnect the Ethernet cable.
How do I connect a USB modem to my Macbook Pro?
Set up a dial-up modem to connect automatically on Mac
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Network. …
- Select your modem in the list on the left. …
- Click Advanced, then click PPP.
- Select “Connect automatically when needed.”
How do I fix my Macbook Pro Wi-Fi no hardware installed?
Here is how:
- Turn off your computer.
- Then restart your Mac, immediately press and hold down the Command + Option + P + R keys together until you hear the reboot sound (about 20 seconds).
- Your Mac will reboot. Now check if the Wi-Fi icon still shows the X icon and Wi-Fi: No hardware installed message.
How do I add a computer to my HomeGroup?
How to add computers to a HomeGroup
- Open the Start menu, do a search for HomeGroup and press Enter.
- Click the Join now button. …
- Click Next.
- Select the content you want to share on the network by using the drop down menu for each folder and click Next.
- Enter your HomeGroup password and click Next.
How do I access another computer on the same network?
Open File Explorer and select a file or folder that you wish to give other computers access to. Click the “Share” tab and then choose which computers or which network to share this file with. Select “Workgroup” to share the file or folder with every computer on the network.