If you don’t have a Bluetooth icon in the menu bar, head to System Preferences > Bluetooth and check Show Bluetooth in menu bar. Now, press Shift + Option and click on the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar. In the menu that appears, select Debug > Reset the Bluetooth module. You can now try re-pairing your devices.
How do I reset Bluetooth on my Mac?
How to reset Bluetooth in macOS
- Connect a wired keyboard and preferably also trackpad or mouse.
- Hold down the Shift and Option keys, then click on the Bluetooth icon in the menubar.
- Choose Reset the Bluetooth module from long menu that appears.
- Click OK to confirm.
- Restart your Mac.
Why won’t my Bluetooth headphones connect to my Mac?
Make sure the headset is turned on and in range. Make sure the headset is connected with your Mac. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth. … If your headset isn’t in the list, try connecting with it again.
Why is my Bluetooth not working?
If your Bluetooth devices won’t connect, it’s likely because the devices are out of range, or aren’t in pairing mode. If you’re having persistent Bluetooth connection problems, try resetting your devices, or having your phone or tablet “forget” the connection.
How do I make my Mac Bluetooth not discoverable?
To keep your Mac from being discoverable via Bluetooth, do the following:
- Select Apple menu->System Preferences…
- Select Sharing.
- Turn off Bluetooth Sharing, if it’s on.
- Select View menu->General.
- Turn off Allow Handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices, if it’s on.
Why won’t my headphones work on my Mac?
Unplug any headphones or external speakers from your Mac. Make sure the cables from the display are connected to the ports on your Mac. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Sound, then click Output. Make sure Display Audio is selected in the output device list.
Why is my macbook not picking up Bluetooth devices?
Reset the connection: If your Bluetooth device still isn’t pairing, you can have your iPhone “forget the device” in Settings or you can remove the device in System Preferences on your Mac. Reset your devices: Turning all devices on and off again may help resolve the pairing issue.
How do I make my Bluetooth headphones discoverable?
Turn on the connecting Bluetooth device and place it within 3 feet (1 meter) of this unit. /POWER button (for the headphones) for more than 7 seconds while the Bluetooth headphones are turned off. When the indicator starts to blink quickly, release the button. The Bluetooth headphones enter Pairing mode.
How do I force a Bluetooth device to pair?
Step 1: Pair a Bluetooth accessory
- Swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Touch and hold Bluetooth .
- Tap Pair new device. If you don’t find Pair new device, check under “Available devices” or tap More. Refresh.
- Tap the name of the Bluetooth device you want to pair with your device.
- Follow any on-screen instructions.
How do I fix the Bluetooth pairing problem?
What you can do about pairing failures
- Determine which pairing process your device employs. …
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on. …
- Turn on discoverable mode. …
- Power the devices off and back on. …
- Delete a device from a phone and rediscover it. …
- Make sure the devices you want to pair are designed to connect with each other.
How do I fix Bluetooth device is not available?
Table of Contents:
- Turn Bluetooth On.
- Re-enable Bluetooth Device.
- Update Bluetooth Driver.
- Run Windows Bluetooth Troubleshooter.
- Install Bluetooth Drivers In Compatibility Mode.
- Check The Bluetooth Support Service.
- Unplug Your Computer.
How do I make my Mac discoverable for AirDrop?
How to turn on AirDrop discovery on a Mac and share files from a Finder window
- Open Finder. Choose Go > AirDrop from the menu bar at the top of your screen.
- An AirDrop finder window will open. …
- Wait a moment for nearby devices to appear. …
- Drag files you want to share into the AirDrop window to share them instantly.
Why can’t I turn on Bluetooth on my macbook air?
If you don’t see the Bluetooth status icon, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Bluetooth, then select “Show Bluetooth in menu bar.” Click the switch to turn Bluetooth on or off.