Sometimes connection issues arise because your computer’s network adapter might not be enabled. On a Windows computer, check your network adapter by selecting it on the Network Connections Control Panel. Make sure the Wireless connection option is enabled.
Why doesn’t my PC have a Wi-Fi option?
If the Wifi option in Windows Settings disappears out of the blue, this can be due to your card driver’s power settings. Therefore, to get the Wifi option back, you will have to edit the Power Management settings. Here’s how: Open up Device Manager and expand the Network Adapters list.
How can I install Wi-Fi in my PC?
Connect a PC to your wireless network
- Select the Network or icon in the notification area.
- In the list of networks, choose the network that you want to connect to, and then select Connect.
- Type the security key (often called the password).
- Follow additional instructions if there are any.
What do I do if my computer doesn’t have Wi-Fi?
The easy way. By far, the fastest and cheapest way to add Wi-Fi to your PC or laptop is with a USB Wi-Fi adapter. Simply plug the device into a USB port on your computer, install the relevant drivers and you will be up and running in no time. Inexpensive, small and portable: This option may be ideal for you.
How do I enable Wi-Fi on my desktop?
Click the Windows button -> Settings -> Network & Internet. Select Wi-Fi. Slide Wi-Fi On, then available networks will be listed. Click Connect.
How do I enable Wi-Fi on Windows 10?
- Click the Windows button -> Settings -> Network & Internet.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Slide Wi-Fi On, then available networks will be listed. Click Connect. Disable/Enable WiFi.
How can I get Internet on my computer without WiFi?
Use a second CAT5 cable to connect your computer to the router. If you are not using a router, use a CAT5 cable to connect your computer directly to the modem. If you have dial-up, use a dial-up Internet cord, usually a phone cord, to connect your computer to the Internet source.
How can I connect my PC to WiFi without cable?
How to Connect Computer to WiFi Without Cable?
- USB WiFi Adapters. Check Price. USB WiFi adapters can be a great option for you to easily allow the connection. …
- PCI-e WiFi Adapters. Check Price. The PCI-e WiFi adapters are the best for connectivity. …
- WiFi-enabled Motherboard. Check Price. …
- WiFi Card. Check Price.
Why can’t Windows 10 find my Wi-Fi?
Go to Start , and select Settings > Network & Internet. Select Airplane mode, turn it On, and turn it back Off. Select Wi-Fi and make sure that Wi-Fi is set to On. If you still don’t see your network listed on your Surface, try Solution 4.