Sometimes connection issues arise because your computer’s network adapter might not be enabled. On a Windows computer, check your network adapter by selecting it on the Network Connections Control Panel. Make sure the Wireless connection option is enabled.
How do I connect my office laptop to my home WiFi?
Connect a PC to your wireless network
- Select the Network or icon in the notification area.
- In the list of networks, choose the network that you want to connect to, and then select Connect.
- Type the security key (often called the password).
- Follow additional instructions if there are any.
Why won’t my laptop connect to WiFi when other devices will?
It is likely a driver issue. If your network adapter has the incorrect driver or doesn’t have one installed then you will not have internet access. You can use the device manager in the control panel settings. It will show you what driver is installed and if the device has any conflicts or if it is running smoothy.
Can’t connect my laptop to WiFi?
Fixes for ‘my laptop won’t connect to Wi-Fi’:
- Restart your modem and router.
- Restart your laptop.
- Reset your Wi-Fi driver.
- Update your Wi-Fi driver.
- Renew your IP address.
- Temporarily turn off the third-party antivirus software on your laptop.
Why won’t my Windows 10 connect to WiFi?
Restart your Windows 10 computer. Restarting a device can often fix most tech issues including those that prevent you from connecting to a Wi-Fi network. … To start the troubleshooter, open the Windows 10 Start Menu and click on Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Internet Connections > Run the troubleshooter.
What do you do if your computer wont connect to Wi-Fi?
Restart your modem and router
- Unplug the power cable for the router from the power source.
- Unplug the power cable for the modem from the power source. …
- Wait at least 30 seconds or so. …
- Plug the modem back into the power source. …
- Plug your router back into the power source. …
- On your PC, try to connect again.
Why isn’t my Wi-Fi network showing up on my computer?
Make sure the Wi-Fi on the device is enabled. This could be a physical switch, an internal setting, or both. Reboot the modem and router. Power cycling the router and modem can fix internet connectivity issues and resolve problems with wireless connections.
How do I turn my WiFi on?
Turn on & connect
- Swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Touch and hold Wi-Fi .
- Turn on Use Wi-Fi.
- Tap a listed network. Networks that require a password have a Lock .