Make sure the device’s power switch is in the ON position. (Green is visible under the switch when the device is on.) Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth to open the Bluetooth preferences window. When the device has paired with your Mac, it will appear in the list of devices.
How do I make my Apple wireless keyboard discoverable?
On a Mac, open System Preferences, choose “Keyboard” and click “Set Up Bluetooth Keyboard.” In iOS or Android, turn on “Bluetooth” in Settings, and in Windows, open Control Panel and select “Add a Device.” Your device shows a pass code and a countdown timer, and you must type the numeric code on the keyboard and, to …
How do you turn on Bluetooth on a wireless keyboard?
To pair a Bluetooth keyboard, mouse, or other device
- Turn on your Bluetooth keyboard, mouse, or other device and make it discoverable. The way you make it discoverable depends on the device. …
- On your PC, select Start > Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices > Add Bluetooth or other device > Bluetooth.
Why won’t my Bluetooth keyboard connect to my Mac?
Using your Mac notebook’s built-in trackpad or a USB mouse, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth. … If the Bluetooth icon doesn’t appear, or if the menu bar status continues to indicate that Bluetooth is off, restart your computer and then try to turn Bluetooth on again.
What do I do when my Mac says Bluetooth not available?
If turning your Mac Bluetooth off and on didn’t help, try disconnecting all your USB and Bluetooth devices and then connecting them back on again:
- Go to System Preferences ➙ Bluetooth.
- Click on X beside the device to disconnect it.
- Restart your Mac.
- Wait for a few minutes and reconnect your devices.
How do I put my wireless keyboard in pairing mode?
Pair your keyboard
- Double click the Bluetooth icon in the Windows taskbar. If you can’t see the Bluetooth icon, …
- Select Add Bluetooth or other device.
- Select Bluetooth.
- Select your keyboard from the devices listed, it can take a little while until the keyboard appears.
- Follow the instructions.
How do I reset my Apple wireless keyboard?
Make sure that your keyboard is connected. Then shift-option-click the Bluetooth icon in your menu bar, scroll down to the keyboard in question, and click “Factory Reset”. This should reset your keyboard to brand new.
How do I get my Mac to recognize my wireless keyboard?
How to connect a wireless keyboard to your Mac
- Turn on the wireless keyboard.
- Click the Apple logo at the top left corner of the screen and hit “System Preferences.”
- Click on the Bluetooth. …
- Put the keyboard into active pairing mode. …
- When the device’s name pops up on the screen in the Bluetooth window, click on it.
Where is the connect button on wireless keyboard?
There is usually a Connect button somewhere on the USB receiver. Press that, and a light on the receiver should start flashing. Then press the Connect button on the keyboard and/or mouse and the flashing light on the USB receiver should stop.
How do I connect my Bluetooth keyboard to my computer?
How to connect a wireless keyboard to a PC
- Open the “Settings” app on your PC and find and select the “Devices” option, then click “Bluetooth & other devices.” …
- Select the option to “Add Bluetooth or other devices.” …
- Click “Bluetooth” when asked what type of device you’re adding.
How do I get my wireless keyboard to work without USB?
To connect a wired keyboard or mouse without involving USB port means you need a Bluetooth adapter. This device would convert your wired devices into a wireless one while not occupying one of your laptop’s USB ports.
How do I connect a Bluetooth device to my Mac?
Connect a Bluetooth device with your Mac
- Make sure the device is turned on and discoverable (see the device’s documentation for details).
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth. Open Bluetooth preferences for me.
- Select the device in the list, then click Connect.
How do I turn on Bluetooth on my IMAC without a keyboard?
Enabling Bluetooth when you don’t have a USB keyboard is easy since you can just use any USB Mouse or USB trackpad as usual to enable the service with the cursor: Pull down the Bluetooth menu item in Mac OS X and choose “Turn Bluetooth On”