Bluetooth firmware is generally a black box running on a cheap IC with poorly documented bugs and half-implemented features, making it a challenge for device engineers to work with. Worse still, chips typically test against only a small number of device profiles, and that hides many bugs.
How do I fix the sound quality of my Bluetooth Mac?
If audio quality is still reduced, try selecting your Bluetooth headphones again:
- Choose Apple () menu > System Preferences, then click Sound.
- Click Output.
- Select Internal Speakers in the list of devices, then reselect your Bluetooth headphones.
How do I reset my Bluetooth on my Mac?
How to reset Bluetooth in macOS
- Connect a wired keyboard and preferably also trackpad or mouse.
- Hold down the Shift and Option keys, then click on the Bluetooth icon in the menubar.
- Choose Reset the Bluetooth module from long menu that appears.
- Click OK to confirm.
- Restart your Mac.
Why Bluetooth audio is bad?
Given the limited bandwidth of Bluetooth, it is impossible to transmit audio without some lossy data compression. Some devoted listeners believe that lossy compression inherently degrades audio quality, and therefore, Bluetooth audio is not acceptable to them.
Why do AirPods sound weird on Mac?
The reason your AirPods end up stuck in the SCO codec is due to Bluetooth’s bandwidth support. Bluetooth can’t support high-quality input and output streams at the same time, which leads to your AirPods producing poor quality sound when connected to your Mac.
How can I improve Bluetooth quality?
In the Developer options under Settings, scroll down to the Bluetooth audio codec and tap it. Select one of the codecs apart from the default SBC option. If your headphones support the codec, it will use the selected option and improve the sound quality.
How do I fix the sound quality on my Mac?
Use the Music equalizer
- In the Music app on your Mac, choose Window > Equalizer.
- Do one of the following: Choose a preset option from the pop-up menu. Drag the frequency sliders (also knowns as faders) up or down to increase or decrease the volume of a frequency (in decibels). …
- Select On to turn on the equalizer.
Why can’t I turn off Bluetooth on my Mac?
Click on the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar and select the option to Turn Bluetooth Off. Once it’s switched off, turn it back on by clicking on Turn Bluetooth On. If the macOS or OSX “Bluetooth Not Available” error hasn’t gone away, try rebooting your Mac. Shut the system down completely and reboot it as usual.
Why can’t I remove a Bluetooth device Mac?
In System Preferences > Bluetooth, make sure that Bluetooth is on and the Show Bluetooth in menu bar check box is checked. Then hold down alt or option before clicking the Bluetooth toolbar menu icon. Now, in the device’s contextual menu you can remove it. and reboot.
Why won’t Bluetooth turn off on Mac?
But if you turn it off, restart your Mac and go back to System Preferences you should see that it’s now turned off. At that point you can normally turn it on again, if you want. Basically, restart your Mac and it should work!