There are a lot of possible reasons for why your internet isn’t working. Your router or modem may be out of date, your DNS cache or IP address may be experiencing a glitch, or your internet service provider could be experiencing outages in your area. The problem could be as simple as a faulty Ethernet cable.
Why is my WiFi not working but connected?
If the Internet works fine on other devices, the problem lies with your device and its WiFi adapter. On the other hand, if the Internet doesn’t work on other devices too, then the problem is most likely with the router or the Internet connection itself. One good way to fix the router is to restart it.
How do I fix my WiFi when it says its connected but doesnt work?
There is no need to restart the router or access point if other devices can connect to the internet.
- Device works somewhere else fine – Flush DNS. …
- Setting a fixed DNS server. …
- Get a new Ip Address with neth winsock reset. …
- Driver related issue. …
- Disable Fast Startup in Windows. …
- Turn off IPv6 support in your router or computer.
Why is my WiFi not working even though I have full bars?
You can be connected to a router with full bars but still have no internet access if the problem isn’t with your connection to the router but with your router’s connection to your ISP. … The easiest way to fix this issue is to leave DHCP enabled on the router and remove the static address from the device.
What does connected but no internet access mean?
If you are connected, but don’t have inrternet access it usually means either you didn’t get an IP address from the wifi access point or router etc. It means that either they don’t want you accessing the internet or your machine is not configured correctly.
How do you reset your WiFi?
How to reset your router to restore factory default settings
- Locate the Reset button on the back of your router.
- With the router powered on, use the pointed end of a paperclip or similar object to press and hold the Reset button for 15 seconds.
- Wait for the router to fully reset and power back on.
How do I fix no Internet connection?
Next, turn airplane mode on and off.
- Open your Settings app “Wireless and Networks” or “Connections” tap Airplane Mode. Depending on your device, these options may be different.
- Turn airplane mode on.
- Wait for 10 seconds.
- Turn airplane mode off.
- Check to see if the connection problems have been solved.
Why is my WiFi connected but no internet android?
The first rule of IT-related fix is turning it off and on again, it fixes about 50 percent of problems. So, if your phone is not connecting to the internet even if the phone is connected to the Wifi router. Go to the settings and turn the Wifi toggle off and on again and see if it fixes your issue.
Why do I have 5 bars but no internet?
It’s entirely possible to have 5 solid wireless bars but no internet access if there is a problem not related to wireless. First check the lights on your router to see if any are indicating a problem. If a problem is indicated, check all the wires to make sure they are connected properly at both ends.