Why is my laptop suddenly not connecting to WiFi?
Software issues might come up if you have a computer virus, which could disable or block your ability to connect to Wi-Fi. You’ll want to scan your computer or device for viruses and remove any if found. Then restart your computer and try connecting again.
How do I reconnect my Dell laptop to WiFi?
Connecting to a wireless network using the Dell Wireless Utility
- Click Start.
- Click All Programs or Programs.
- Point to Dell Wireless then click Dell Wireless WLAN Card Utility. …
- Click to check the box next to Let this tool manage your wireless network.
- Click to check the box next to Show utility icon.
Why won’t my Dell Windows 10 connect to WiFi?
Go to Settings > Network & Internet > WIfi > Manage Known Networks, highlight and remove the network having problems, restart PC to see if it shows up again.
How do I fix my WiFi on my Dell laptop Windows 10?
Run the Network Troubleshooter.
- In the search box type, troubleshoot.
- Touch or click Troubleshooting (Control panel).
- Touch or click Network and Internet.
- Touch or click Network Adapter.
- Touch or click Next and follow the prompts.
Why won’t my computer connect to the Wi-Fi?
There are several reasons why your PC might not be able to connect to Wi-Fi. You should first make sure that your PC’s Wi-Fi adapter hasn’t been turned off, or needs to be reset. The issue might also be with the Wi-Fi, not your PC — make sure that it works on other devices.
What to do if laptop Cannot detect Wi-Fi?
If you don’t have the WiFi switch on your laptop or computer, you can check it in your system.
- Right click the Internet icon, and click Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Change adapter settings.
- Right click WiFi, and click Enable. …
- Restart your Windows and reconnect to your WiFi again.
Why won’t my Dell laptop connect to my WiFi?
A missing or outdated network adapter driver can cause your laptop not connecting to WiFi. … Manually update your driver: You can go to the website of your network adapter, search the latest version of your adapter, then download and install it into your laptop.
Why can’t I turn on WiFi on my Dell laptop?
Press Windows + R then type “devmgmt. msc” in the Run box. 2. Once Device Manager is open expand “Network Adapter” then right click on the wireless network adapter then select “Enable” if it’s clickable.
How do I connect my Windows 10 Dell laptop to WiFi?
Turning on Wi-Fi via the Start menu
- Click the Windows button and type “Settings,” clicking on the app when it appears in the search results. …
- Click on “Network & Internet.”
- Click on the Wi-Fi option in the menu bar on the left side of the Settings screen.
- Toggle the Wi-Fi option to “On” to enable your Wi-Fi adapter.
How do I fix no WiFi on Windows 10?
4 Fixes for No WiFi Networks Found
- Rollback your Wi-Fi adapter driver.
- Reinstall your Wi-Fi adpater driver.
- Update your Wi-Fi adpater driver.
- Disable the airplane mode.
How do I fix my WiFi capability is turned off?
Right-click on your wireless network adapter and choose Enable.
Work your way down the list until you find the one that works.
- Make sure your wireless option is turned on.
- Check the power management setting of your wireless network adapter.
- Update your wireless network adapter driver.
How do I turn on WiFi on my Dell desktop?
Click Start. In the search box, type Mobility Center. Click Windows Mobility Center, in the search results. Click Turn wireless off or Turn wireless on as needed.
How do I fix the WiFi on my laptop?
Fixes for WiFi not working on laptop
- Update your Wi-Fi driver.
- Check if Wi-Fi is enabled.
- Reset WLAN AutoConfig.
- Change adapter Power Settings.
- Renew IP and flush DNS.
How do I get my laptop to connect to WiFi?
Connect a PC to your wireless network
- Select the Network or icon in the notification area.
- In the list of networks, choose the network that you want to connect to, and then select Connect.
- Type the security key (often called the password).
- Follow additional instructions if there are any.