How do I know if my SIM card is damaged?
If you encounter any of the issues listed below then you might have a SIM card that is not working properly anymore.
- Calls being interrupted, or messages delayed.
- Pin code requested without rebooting the phone.
- Sound quality decreasing.
- Battery life reduced.
- Phone getting warm.
What do I do if my SIM card is not working?
Troubleshooting SIM card problems
- Turn off your phone and remove the SIM card.
- Clean the gold connectors on the SIM with a clean lint-free cloth.
- Replace the battery and turn your phone on without the SIM.
- Turn your phone off, replace the SIM and restart the phone.
How do you clean a damaged SIM card?
Clean the SIM card by blowing off dust, or use a soft cloth to carefully remove any residue from the gold contact area (don’t use soap or anything abrasive). Place the SIM card chip-side down into the tray and slide it back inside. If inserted correctly, the tray should go in easily. Restart your phone.
Can heat damage a SIM card?
However, in many cases, and certainly for temperatures greater than 450 degrees C, the SIM card chip has suffered structural or mechanical damage that renders simple probing or rewiring ineffective.
Do SIM cards expire if not used?
On most mainstream mobile networks, your credit will never expire providing your SIM card remains active. … Your SIM card will be cancelled automatically if you haven’t used it for a certain amount of time (between 84 days and 270 days depending on the network).
Why is my SIM card showing no service?
Sometimes in order to fix a No Service and Signal on Android problem, you‘ll need to deal with the Sim card. … You may have bumped your phone somewhere and dislodged your Sim Card a bit. In order to check if your Sim Card is properly connected to your Android or Samsung device, you’ll want to turn off the phone.
Why do SIM cards get rejected?
“SIM Network reject” means that the SIM card is not recognized by the wireless network. The SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) card is a small card inside your AirCard modem that contains your account information used when establishing a network connection.
What do I do if my iPhone wont read my SIM card?
If you get an alert that says Invalid SIM or No SIM Card installed, follow these steps.
- Make sure that you have an active plan with your wireless carrier.
- Update your iPhone or iPad to the latest version of iOS.
- Restart your iPhone or iPad.
- Check for a carrier settings update.