How do I eject the SIM?
- Turn off your phone.
- Find the small hole for the SIM card tray.
- Insert the SIM ejection tool that comes with the phone into the hole and push firmly but gently until the tray pops out.
- Remove the tray and the SIM card on it.
- Carefully re-position the tray in the slot and push it gently back into the phone.
Where is the SIM card eject tool?
To pop open the SIM tray, insert a paper clip or a SIM-eject tool into the hole beside the tray. Push in, towards the iPad, but don’t force it. If you’re having difficulty ejecting the SIM tray, take your device to your carrier or an Apple Store for assistance.
What can I use instead of SIM eject tool?
A paper clip is one of the easiest and most common objects to use when you don’t have an ejector tool.
- Start with a small or medium-size paper clip.
- Unfold one straight side, so it’s sticking out.
- Stick the straight side of the paper clip into the SIM card ejector hole as far as it will go.
How do you open a SIM card slot without a pin?
Visit a phone store!
- Earring or piercing. The right tool for the job might be closer than you think, as in on your body. …
- Paperclip. Probably the next most common thing, if you happen to work in an office. …
- Needle. …
Does taking out the SIM card delete everything?
Absolutely no. Removing a SIM card from iPhone or Android doesn’t erase data from the phone, rather the phone will be offline. That is to say that the phone will display no service, and you can’t make calls, receive calls or receive messages. No internet services on your phone unless you connect to a Wi-Fi network.
What do I do if my SIM card won’t come out?
Using a cotton swab with a touch of alcohol can really clear grime from the crevasses as well. Use a paper clip or ejection tool to press the eject button and ideally the tray will function again. If this fails, turn the phone upside down so the tray is facing the ground and press the ejection button several times.
What happens if you take out your SIM card and put it in another phone?
When you move your SIM to another phone, you keep the same cell phone service. SIM cards make it easy for you to have multiple phone numbers so you can switch between them whenever you like. … In contrast, only SIM cards from a specific cell phone company will work in its locked phones.
Why can’t I open my SIM card tray?
If by the normal way you mean using a SIM tool to press into the hole to cause it to eject, well, there is not another method. While you could try other objects, such as a pin, or bent paperclip, the method would remain the same. You press it into the hole until the tray comes out. You may need to be more forceful.