How do I change my default WiFi?
How to Change Your WiFi Name
- Enter your router’s IP address into your favorite web browser.
- Log in as the administrator.
- Go to settings and look for an option titled “WiFi name” or “SSID”.
- Enter your new WiFi name.
- Verify the change using NetSpot, a WiFi analyzer for Windows and macOS computers.
How do I get my Mac to automatically connect to WiFi?
Click on Networks. Select the wifi network you want to automatically join from the drop down menu next to Network Name. You have to be within range of the network to see it. Tick the box next to Automatically join this network.
How do I create a preferred network?
Set preferred network type or Switch Change 2G to 3G 4G LTE only mode in Android Phone:
- First Go to Settings.
- Select Wireless and Networks and TAP on MORE.
- Scroll Down and Touch on Mobile Network.
- Tap on Dual SIM / SIM Settings.
- Select “Network Mode” or “Preferred network Type ”
- Some option Will Pop in the Screen.
What is my router’s IP address?
Find your Router’s IP address on Android
Go to Settings > WLAN. Click the details icon. Then you could find your Router’s IP address show as Gateway.
How do I change my SSID and password?
How to Change Your WiFi Name and Password
- Open a web browser. …
- Then type your router’s IP address into the search bar and press the Enter key. …
- Next, enter your router’s username and password and click Sign In. …
- Then click Wireless. …
- Next, change your new WiFi name and/or password. …
- Finally, click Apply or Save.
Why won’t my Mac automatically connect to my WiFi?
In macOS, go to the Network pane in System Preferences, click on Wi-Fi, then the Advanced button, and drag the 5GHz network to the top of the list. On an iOS device, tap on Settings, then Wi-Fi. Tap on the ‘i’ next to the 2.4GHz network, and slide ‘Auto-Join’ to off.
How do I automatically connect to my WiFi?
Set to automatically connect to public networks
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Tap Network & internet Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi preferences.
- Turn on Connect to public networks.
How do I automatically connect to a specific WiFi?
How to automatically connect to open network
- Go to your device’s Settings menu.
- Locate and select Network & Internet.
- Tap into Wi-Fi.
- Scroll down and enter into Wi-Fi preferences.
- Toggle on Connect to open networks.
How do I set my network to 4G only?
In Edit setting, key in your country code – e.g. 254 for Kenya. Tap Save changes. Restart your phone. Once restarted, go to Setting –> More –> Mobile Network –> Preferred network mode, you will see LTE only option.
Which network type is best?
- Open the Phone app.
- Enter *#*#4636#*#* into the dialer. Note: this should automatically open the Android Testing Screen.
- Tap Phone information.
- Ensure that Set Preferred Network Type shows LTE/UMTS auto (PRL)
- If this doesn’t show, tap the drop-down box and select LTE/UMTS auto (PRL)