Why is my AT&T Wi-Fi not working?
Reset your modem or gateway
Reset the receiver by holding down the POWER button on the front of the receiver for 10 seconds. The reset takes 5 to 8 minutes. If you have multiple receivers, reset your wireless gateway by unplugging it from its power source. Wait a few minutes, then plug it back in.
How do I fix my ATT Uverse Internet?
Troubleshoot your AT&T service
- Restart your TV receiver by holding the POWER button down for 10 seconds then pressing it again to restart. This process takes 5-8 minutes and will impact any DVR recordings in progress.
- Restart your Wi-Fi® Gateway by removing the power cord for one minute then plugging it back in.
How do I reset my AT&T Wireless Router?
Reboot your Wi-Fi gateway
- Shut down your computer.
- Locate the Reset button on the rear of the gateway, located beside the power input.
- Press and hold the button for 3 – 4 seconds. Note: Do not press the Reset button for more than nine seconds. …
- Wait for the device to reboot and all LEDs to light up.
Why is my Wi-Fi gateway offline?
Potential Cause: Internet service to your customer’s house is temporarily out. The gateway has lost power. The gateway has been disconnected from your customer’s router or the physical port on the router or switch has failed.
Why is my internet not working?
There are a lot of possible reasons for why your internet isn’t working. Your router or modem may be out of date, your DNS cache or IP address may be experiencing a glitch, or your internet service provider could be experiencing outages in your area. The problem could be as simple as a faulty Ethernet cable.
How do I reboot my broadband router?
The factory reset button is usually found at the back of the Router/Modem. Using a paper clip or pin, push the reset button in for ten seconds and release, as shown in the diagram. Lights on the router may change by flashing or turning off to confirm the factory reset was successful.
Why is ATT Internet so bad?
1. Bandwith Restriction by AT&T. The main reason for your Internet slowness is because Internet Service Providers throttles the bandwidth speed to users and AT&T is no different. They restrict the full speed, to cater to gamers and streaming services during peak hours.
Who do I call when my ATT Internet is not working?
Contact AT&T Customer Service. 800-288-2020.
Why is my AT&T Wi-Fi so slow?
These conditions may weaken Wi-Fi and slow speed: Locating devices too far from the Wi-Fi gateway. Obstacles like walls, doors, or floors. … Interference from neighbors’ Wi-Fi networks.
What happens if I reset my AT&T router?
Whether you’re troubleshooting or setting up a new network, factory resetting your router or modem is sometimes necessary. AT&T U-Verse users can reset their devices to factory default, as well. Resetting your device will erase data like your WiFi name and password.
How do I restart my Internet?
Here’s how to reboot a separate modem/router:
- Locate your modem and router. …
- Unplug both the modem and router. …
- Leave both devices unplugged for at least 30 seconds. …
- Plug the power back into your modem ONLY. …
- Plug in the router and wait, at minimum, two full minutes. …
- Test things out.
How do I reset my AT&T bgw320 router?
Please check for a loose, disconnected, or damaged cable, and then press and hold the Red reset button for 10 seconds. Solid Amber Your Wi-Fi Gateway is powered on. Please wait while it starts up until the light turns solid white.
What lights should be on my router?
Internet (White / Amber) – The Internet LED is solid white when connected to the Internet. It blinks white while the router works to establish a connection. A solid amber LED indicates the connection is down due to configuration issues. Amber blinking indicates that the connection is down due to hardware issues.
How do I reset my WiFi modem?
Steps to Reboot a Router and Modem
- Unplug the router and the modem. …
- Wait at least 30 seconds. …
- Plug in the modem. …
- Wait at least 60 seconds. …
- Plug in the router. …
- Wait at least 2 minutes. …
- When the router and modem restart, test to see if the problem went away.
What does it mean connected to WiFi but not internet?
For those on wireless connections, you may see an error message pop up that states, “WiFi connected but no internet” which means that your device/computer is connected to your router/modem correctly but it is not connecting to the internet.