In order to connect a desktop or PC to Wi-Fi, you will need to make sure your desktop has a wireless network adapter. Check for the wireless network adapter by selecting the “Start” button, typing “device manager” in the search box, and selecting “Device Manager” when it appears.
Can I make my desktop connect to Wi-Fi?
A wireless network adapter is a device that connects your PC to a wireless network. To connect your portable or desktop PC to your wireless network, the PC must have a wireless network adapter. Most laptops and tablets—and some desktop PCs—come with a wireless network adapter already installed.
How can I connect my desktop to Wi-Fi without cable?
How to Connect Computer to WiFi Without Cable?
- USB WiFi Adapters. Check Price. USB WiFi adapters can be a great option for you to easily allow the connection. …
- PCI-e WiFi Adapters. Check Price. The PCI-e WiFi adapters are the best for connectivity. …
- WiFi-enabled Motherboard. Check Price. …
- WiFi Card. Check Price.
Why is Wi-Fi not an option on my PC?
If the Wifi option in Windows Settings disappears out of the blue, this can be due to your card driver’s power settings. Therefore, to get the Wifi option back, you will have to edit the Power Management settings. Here’s how: Open up Device Manager and expand the Network Adapters list.
How do I connect my Windows 10 computer to Wi-Fi?
Connect to a Wi-Fi network in Windows 10
- Select the Network icon on the taskbar. …
- Choose the Wi-Fi network you want, then select Connect.
- Type the network password, and then select Next.
How do I connect my Dell desktop to Wi-Fi?
Begin by going to your Windows taskbar, and click the Network icon. You should now be able to select your WiFi Network from the list of networks. Locate and select the name of your network, and click Connect. Enter in your Network Password, and click any follow-up confirmations to connect.
How can I connect my mobile Wi-Fi to my desktop?
3. How to Connect a Wi-Fi Hotspot to Your PC
- Open Settings > Network & internet > Hotspot & tethering.
- Tap Portable hotspot (called Wi-Fi hotspot on some phones).
- At the next screen, switch the slider On.
- You can then adjust options for the network on this page.
How do I manually connect to Wi-Fi?
Option 2: Add network
- Swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Make sure Wi-Fi is turned on.
- Touch and hold Wi-Fi .
- At the bottom of the list, tap Add network. You may need to enter the network name (SSID) and security details.
- Tap Save.
How do I get my Wi-Fi back on Windows 10?
Turning on Wi-Fi via the Start menu
- Click the Windows button and type “Settings,” clicking on the app when it appears in the search results. …
- Click on “Network & Internet.”
- Click on the Wi-Fi option in the menu bar on the left side of the Settings screen.
- Toggle the Wi-Fi option to “On” to enable your Wi-Fi adapter.
How do I reinstall my Wi-Fi driver?
Here is how to do it:
- In Device Manager, select Network adapters. Then click Action.
- Click Scan for hardware changes. Then Windows will detect the missing driver for your wireless network adapter and reinstall it automatically.
- Double-click Network adapters.