Make sure the device’s power switch is in the ON position. (Green is visible under the switch when the device is on.) Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth to open the Bluetooth preferences window. When the device has paired with your Mac, it will appear in the list of devices.
How do I put my Apple mouse in discoverable mode?
How to set up earlier Apple wireless devices
- Turn on your device.
- Wait until your device’s LED starts blinking, which means that it’s in Discoverable Mode. ( …
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth.
- Wait while your Mac searches for your device.
Why is my apple mouse not discoverable?
Make sure Bluetooth is turned on
Make sure that Bluetooth is turned on. If the Bluetooth icon doesn’t appear, or if the menu bar status continues to indicate that Bluetooth is off, restart your computer and then try to turn Bluetooth on again.
How do I pair my Apple Bluetooth mouse?
On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth. Select the keyboard, mouse, or trackpad in the Devices list, then click Connect.
Can you pair Magic Mouse with 2 computers?
Welcome to bluetooth. The Magic Mouse is a monogamous creature, can only pair with 1 computer at a time. (Although if you have more than 1 account on a physical machine, it handles that just fine).
How do I switch between Bluetooth mouse devices?
How to Use a Bluetooth Mouse With Multiple Computers
- Insert a Bluetooth adapter into your computer’s USB port. …
- Turn on your Bluetooth mouse. …
- Click “Change Bluetooth Settings” and go to the “Options” tab. …
- Click “Add Bluetooth Device” in Control Panel. …
- Choose a pairing method to use with your mouse.
How do I get my Mac to recognize my wireless mouse?
How to connect a wireless mouse to a Mac
- Turn the mouse on, and make sure it’s within range of your Mac. …
- Click the Apple icon in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Select “System Preferences…”
- Click the “Bluetooth” icon.
- If it’s not already on, select “Turn Bluetooth On.”
- Wait for your mouse to appear on the list.
How do I connect my Bluetooth mouse to my Mac without a mouse?
How to Enable Bluetooth on Mac Without a Mouse in Mac OS X
- Connect a USB keyboard to the Mac (or use the built-in keyboard on a MacBook laptop)
- Hit Command+Spacebar to bring up Spotlight, then type in “Bluetooth File Exchange” and hit the Return key.
Why won’t my Apple mouse scroll up and down?
Check the Scrolling speed slide-control at the top, and make sure the “Scroll” checkbox is checked. For scrolling side-to-side, make sure the application you’re using supports side-to-side scrolling. Remember, scrolling is done with one finger, and navigating is done by swiping side-to-side with two fingers.
How do I make my magic keyboard discoverable?
On a Mac, open System Preferences, choose “Keyboard” and click “Set Up Bluetooth Keyboard.” In iOS or Android, turn on “Bluetooth” in Settings, and in Windows, open Control Panel and select “Add a Device.” Your device shows a pass code and a countdown timer, and you must type the numeric code on the keyboard and, to …
Why can’t I turn on Bluetooth on my Mac?
If you don’t see the Bluetooth status icon, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Bluetooth, then select “Show Bluetooth in menu bar.” Click the switch to turn Bluetooth on or off.
How do I connect my wireless mouse?
How to connect the Bluetooth device to the computer
- Press and hold the Connect button on the bottom of the mouse. …
- On the computer, open the Bluetooth software. …
- Click the Devices tab, and then click Add.
- Follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
Why is my Bluetooth mouse not connecting?
Bluetooth Mouse Not Connecting To Android
Turn off Airplane mode. Under your Bluetooth settings, turn on Bluetooth. Put your mouse in pairing mode, then select it from the list that appears in your Bluetooth settings. … If you have trouble connecting after pairing, try unpairing the mouse and try again.
How do I get my computer to recognize my wireless mouse?
Turn on Bluetooth. Press and hold the sync button on the bottom of the mouse. The mouse now appears in the list of devices. Choose the mouse in this list to connect it to your computer.