If your Android phone won’t connect to Wi-Fi, you should first make sure that your phone isn’t on Airplane Mode, and that Wi-Fi is enabled on your phone. If your Android phone claims it’s connected to Wi-Fi but nothing will load, you can try forgetting the Wi-Fi network and then connecting to it again.
Why is my Wi-Fi network not showing up on my phone?
Verify your Android client is connected SSID and IP address.
Return to your Android device’s Settings > Wireless & Networks > Wi-Fi panel and tap Wi-Fi Settings. … If your network is on the list but Connected does not appear beneath its name, tap your network to try to connect.
How do I fix Wi-Fi not showing up on my Android?
How to Fix WiFi Connection on Android Phone Tablet
- 1 Restart the Android Device. …
- 2 Make Sure the Android Device is in Range. …
- 3 Delete the WiFi Network. …
- 4 Reconnect the Android Device to the WiFi. …
- 5 Restart the Modem and Router. …
- 6 Check the Cables to the Modem and Router. …
- 7 Check the Internet Light on Modem and Router.
Why is my Wi-Fi network not showing up?
Make sure the Wi-Fi on the device is enabled. This could be a physical switch, an internal setting, or both. Reboot the modem and router. Power cycling the router and modem can fix internet connectivity issues and resolve problems with wireless connections.
How do I get my Wi-Fi to show up on my phone?
Heed these steps:
- Open the Settings app. It’s found in the apps drawer, but you’ll also find a shortcut in the quick actions drawer.
- Choose Wi-Fi or Wireless & Networks. …
- Choose a wireless network from the list. …
- If prompted, type the network password. …
- Touch the Connect button.
Why can’t I connect to my Wi-Fi?
Sometimes, restarting your modem or router will reset your network and the issue magically disappears. 2. Next, check your wireless network configuration. … Your phone or laptop may try to connect to a specific channel that seems available, but it’s not the network connection your router now requires.
How do you fix your phone when it wont connect to Wi-Fi?
Restart your device.
- Restart your device. It might sound simple, but sometimes that’s all it takes to fix a bad connection.
- If restarting doesn’t work, switch between Wi-Fi and mobile data: Open your Settings app “Wireless & networks” or “Connections”. …
- Try the troubleshooting steps below.
How do I find my SSID on my Android phone?
- From the Apps menu, select “Settings”.
- Select “Wi-Fi”.
- Within the list of networks, look for the network name listed next to “Connected”. This is your network’s SSID.
How do I find my Wi-Fi SSID?
Look for a sticker on your router.
- Left-click the wireless signal icon (most often located in bottom right corner of the desktop).
- Within the list of networks, look for the network name listed next to Connected. This is your network’s SSID.
How do I unhide my WiFi network?
- In the lower-right corner of your screen, click the WiFi icon.
- Click Network Settings > Wi-Fi > Hidden Network > Connect.
- Enter the SSID (network name).
- Click Next.
- Enter the network security key (password).
- Click Next. Your computer connects to the network.
How do I manually connect to WiFi?
Option 2: Add network
- Swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Make sure Wi-Fi is turned on.
- Touch and hold Wi-Fi .
- At the bottom of the list, tap Add network. You may need to enter the network name (SSID) and security details.
- Tap Save.
Why is the WiFi not working on my phone but working on other devices?
If the Internet works fine on other devices, the problem lies with your device and its WiFi adapter. On the other hand, if the Internet doesn’t work on other devices too, then the problem is most likely with the router or the Internet connection itself. One good way to fix the router is to restart it.