In my experience, a grayed-out Wi-Fi button usually indicates a hardware problem with the Wi-Fi antenna on your iPhone. On Robert’s model, an iPhone 4S, the Wi-Fi antenna runs directly under the headphone jack, and often times some debris or a little drop of liquid can short it out.
What do I do if my Wi-Fi button is greyed out?
The steps are as follows:
- Verify that airplane mode is off by tapping Settings > Airplane Mode.
- Reset the network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. …
- Ensure that your device is using the latest software. …
- If your issue is still unresolved, perform a software restore in iTunes.
What do I do if my Wi-Fi is greyed out on my iPhone?
What do you do when your iPhone WiFi is greyed out? Potential Fixes!
- Clean your device and headphone jack (if your iPhone model has one). …
- Update your iOS, if available.
- Reset network settings (General>Reset>Reset Network Settings)
- Toggle Airplane Mode on/off by using control center or Settings > Airplane Mode.
Why is Wi-Fi button not working on iPhone?
Try a simple Reset: hold down the Home and Power buttons until you see the Apple logo (10-20 seconds). If this doesn’t help, you might need to Restore your iPhone. A greyed out Wi-Fi button often means a defective chip or antenna.
Why is my Wi-Fi grayed out iPhone 11?
If you don’t see any Wi-Fi signal indicator, head back to Settings-> Wi-Fi menu and then toggle the Wi-Fi switch to turn the feature on. If the Wi-Fi switch doesn’t turn on and remains grayed out, it means it’s still stuck and needs to be fixed.
Why won’t my iPhone connect to Wi-Fi even with correct password?
If the issue persists, try turning the Wi-Fi off and back on again to reset the network connection. To do this, open Settings, then select Wi-Fi and toggle the switch at the top of the screen. Make sure the switch turns white, which indicates that Wi-Fi off. Wait a few seconds before turning the switch back on.
Why can’t I turn on my Wi-Fi on my phone?
The first thing you want to do when your Android device isn’t turning on Wi-Fi is to check that you don’t have Airplane mode enabled. … Alternatively, you can navigate to Settings > Network & Internet > Advanced and toggle off Airplane mode. If Airplane mode is disabled, you can also enable it and disable it again.
Why is my Wi-Fi grayed out on my iPhone 7?
If your WiFi button is still grey, go into Settings > General > Software Update and make sure your device is up to date. … If your Wifi button still isn’t working after a backup and restore, try performing a restore and setting up your iPhone “as a new iPhone” when given the option.
How do I enable Wi-Fi on my iPhone?
From your Home screen, go to Settings > Wi-Fi. Turn on Wi-Fi. Your device will automatically search for available Wi-Fi networks. Tap the name of the Wi-Fi network that you want to join.
How do I fix my Wi-Fi on my iPhone 7?
Here’s how it’s done on your iPhone 7 Plus:
- Tap Settings from the Home screen.
- Tap General.
- Tap Reset.
- Select the option to Reset Network Settings. This will delete any saved Wi-Fi profiles on your iPhone including your Wi-Fi passwords. …
- If prompted, type in your device password.
- Select the option to confirm Reset.
How do I fix the Wi-Fi on my iPhone?
How to Fix iPhone Wi-Fi Problems
- Make sure Wi-Fi is on. …
- Check if airplane mode is on. …
- Check if the Wi-Fi network is password protected. …
- Check for iOS updates. …
- Restart your iPhone. …
- Reset iPhone network settings. …
- Turn off location services. …
- Restore your iPhone to factory settings.
Why is the Wi-Fi not working on my phone but working on other devices?
If the Internet works fine on other devices, the problem lies with your device and its WiFi adapter. On the other hand, if the Internet doesn’t work on other devices too, then the problem is most likely with the router or the Internet connection itself. One good way to fix the router is to restart it.