How do I fix my AT&T U verse Wi-Fi?
Restart your gateway or modem manually
- Unplug the power cord from the back of your gateway or modem. …
- Wait 20 seconds.
- Put the internal battery back in, if you have one.
- Plug the power cord back in. …
- Wait up to 10 minutes for the gateway or modem to restart and your Broadband light to turn solid green.
Why is my AT&T U verse Internet not working?
Power cycle (reboot) your AT&T gateway – Unplug the gateway from the power outlet in the wall and wait two minutes before plugging it back in. After the Power, Broadband, and Service lights on your gateway turn green, verify that your connection has been restored.
Why is my AT&T modem not working?
Try replacing the power cord first. A blinking or flashing Power light means that the modem isn’t getting consistent power. A flashing red DSL or Sync light means your device couldn’t synchronize. Make sure your modem is connected to the phone line and all DSL filters are installed.
What lights should be on my AT&T U verse router?
If you have power and the Wi-Fi Gateway is turned on, the Power light on the front of your AT&T U-verse Wi-Fi Gateway will have a green light. If no lights are on: … The power cord should have a green light on indicating that there is power.
Who do I call when my ATT Internet is not working?
Contact AT&T Customer Service. 800-288-2020.
What happens if I reset my AT&T router?
Whether you’re troubleshooting or setting up a new network, factory resetting your router or modem is sometimes necessary. AT&T U-Verse users can reset their devices to factory default, as well. Resetting your device will erase data like your WiFi name and password.
Why is my internet not working?
There are a lot of possible reasons for why your internet isn’t working. Your router or modem may be out of date, your DNS cache or IP address may be experiencing a glitch, or your internet service provider could be experiencing outages in your area. The problem could be as simple as a faulty Ethernet cable.
How long does it take ATT to fix an outage?
When I called yesterday, I was advised that outages are typically resolved within 24 hours.
How do I fix my AT&T service?
Visit the Troubleshoot & Resolve Tool
You may need to sign in to your myAT&T account. Visit att.com/devicetroubleshoot. If the device you’re troubleshooting isn’t presented, select Change and choose the correct device. Select a Service-Related or Device-Related Issue from the list.
How do I know if my AT&T router is bad?
Physical symptoms of a bad Wi-Fi gateway
- Wi-Fi gateway is smoking.
- Wi-Fi gateway is making a loud humming noise.
- Wi-Fi gateway is melted and misshapen.
- Wi-Fi gateway rattles inside when shaken.
Where is the reset button on my AT&T router?
Perform a factory reset on your gateway
- Locate the Reset button on the rear of the gateway, located directly beside the power input.
- Press and hold the button for at least 10 seconds. …
- After releasing the button, wait until the device reboots and all the status lights on the gateway are lit.
How do I reboot my modem?
To reboot a modem:
- Unplug the power and Ethernet cables from the modem. …
- Wait 2-3 minutes for the modem to fully power off. …
- Reconnect the power and Ethernet cables to the modem.
- Wait for the Internet light to turn solid, then check if the internet is working properly.