Laptop not detecting my WiFi but detecting others – This problem can occur if your Wi-Fi network isn’t enabled properly. To fix the issue, enable your network from the Settings app and check if that helps. … To fix the problem, adjust your Wi-Fi settings and switch to the 4GHz network.
Why cant my computer connect to Wi-Fi but other devices can?
Restarting your equipment will clear up the possible stall. Firstly, try using the LAN, wired connection. If the problem concerns only Wi-Fi connection, restart your modem and router. Power them off and wait for some time before turning them on again.
Why is my laptop not showing my Wi-Fi network but detecting others?
1) Right click the Internet icon, and click Open Network and Sharing Center. 2) Click Change adapter settings. … Note: if it has enabled, you will see Disable when right click on WiFi (also referred to Wireless Network Connection in different computers). 4) Restart your Windows and reconnect to your WiFi again.
Why is the WiFi not working on my phone but working on other devices?
If the Internet works fine on other devices, the problem lies with your device and its WiFi adapter. On the other hand, if the Internet doesn’t work on other devices too, then the problem is most likely with the router or the Internet connection itself. One good way to fix the router is to restart it.
Can’t connect to WiFi on one device?
When only a single device can’t connect to the internet, then the problem is most likey related to one of the following issues: Corrupt DNS Cache. Wrong DNS server configured. Wrong or outdated network information (IP address / Gateway)
Why isn’t my Wi-Fi network showing up?
Make sure the Wi-Fi on the device is enabled. This could be a physical switch, an internal setting, or both. Reboot the modem and router. Power cycling the router and modem can fix internet connectivity issues and resolve problems with wireless connections.
Why can’t I see some Wi-Fi networks?
There are a number of reasons why you might not be able to see your wireless network on the list of available networks from the system menu. If no networks are shown in the list, your wireless hardware could be turned off, or it may not be working properly. Make sure it is turned on. … The network could be hidden.
Why can I not find my Wi-Fi network?
Verify your Android client is connected SSID and IP address.
Return to your Android device’s Settings > Wireless & Networks > Wi-Fi panel and tap Wi-Fi Settings. Find your network’s name (SSID) on the list of nearby Wi-Fi networks. If your network’s name is not on the list, the AP or router may be hiding its SSID.
What do I do if my WiFi is connected but no internet access?
The problem is then at the ISP’s end and they should be contacted to confirm and resolve the issue.
- Restart your Router. …
- Troubleshooting from your Computer. …
- Flush DNS Cache From Your Computer. …
- Proxy Server Settings. …
- Change the wireless mode on your Router. …
- Update outdated Network drivers. …
- Reset your Router and Network.
What to do if WiFi is not connecting?
Step 1: Check settings & restart
- Make sure Wi-Fi is on. Then turn it off and on again to reconnect. Learn how to connect to Wi-Fi networks.
- Make sure Airplane mode is off. Then turn it on and off again to reconnect. …
- Press your phone’s power button for a few seconds. Then, on your screen, tap Restart .
Why is my 2.4 Ghz WiFi not working?
To be assured about the problem, you will need to reset your router to the default settings. This will ensure that your router does not have any settings that can possibly mess up with your frequency and cause it not to work. Once it is set on default, most routers use 2.4GHz frequency so you will be good to go.