The router or admin password is used to access the web-based setup page or the user interface (UI) of your router for configuration and settings update or verification. The default password for Linksys routers is admin.
How do I find my Linksys guest password?
In the Guest network name and password section, you will see the Guest network name (SSID) and Guest network password displayed on the page. QUICK TIP: If you would like to change the Guest network name and password, you may click Edit and enter your desired guest password in the Guest network password field.
What is Linksys guest access?
The Guest access feature allows you to create a separate network for your guests without allowing them to access your main network and the computers connected to it.
What is the username and password for Linksys?
The router’s default Password is “admin”, as for the User name, you can leave the field blank. For security purposes, it is recommended to change the default password. QUICK TIP: Changing the router’s password through the web-based setup page may prevent you from using the Linksys Connect software.
How do I find my guest WiFi password?
How to Set Up a Guest WiFi Network
- Enter your router’s IP address into the search bar of any browser. …
- Log into your router as admin. …
- Find the guest network settings. …
- Enable the guest WiFi access. …
- Set the guest WiFi network name. …
- Set the guest WiFi password. …
- Finally, save your new settings.
Is a router password the same as a WIFI password?
The router or admin password is used to log in to the router’s web-based setup page for configuration or verification purposes while the wireless password is used to connect wireless devices to your wireless home network or hotspot.
How do I recover my Linksys WiFi password?
If you can’t access the router’s web-based setup page or forgot the router’s password, you may reset the router to its default factory settings. To do this, press and hold the Reset button for 10 seconds. NOTE: Resetting your router to its default factory settings will also reset your router’s password.
How do I put a password on my WiFi Linksys?
Follow the steps below to change your Wi-Fi password:
- Launch a web browser, enter “192.168. 1.1” in the Address bar then press [Enter].
- Enter your credentials in the fields provided. …
- Click the Wireless tab, then click the Wireless Security sub-tab.
- In the Passphrase field, enter your preferred Wi-Fi password.
Is Guest WiFi safe?
Is Guest WiFi Safe? Guest WiFi is the safest way to give your visitors access to the internet through your existing network. If your guests log on to the primary network with a compromised or malware-infected device, the virus can spread to your home devices connected to WiFi.
What does guest access mean?
A guest Wi-Fi network is essentially a separate access point on your router. All of your home devices are connected to one point and joined as a network, and the guest network is a different point that provides access to the Internet, but not to your home network. As the name suggests, it’s for guests to connect to.
How do I get rid of Linksys Guest WiFi?
Disabling the Guest network of your Linksys Wi-Fi Router and gateway using Linksys Connect
- Launch Linksys Connect on your computer.
- Click on Guest access in the Linksys Connect window.
- In the Allow guest access section, select no to disable the Guest network.
- Click Finish.