Step 1: Restart your modem and wireless router to fix WiFi not working. This problem can be probably caused by the Internet Service Provider (ISP) issue. Restarting your modem and wireless router can help you reconnect to your WiFi service.
What to do if WiFi is not working?
Fix Wi-Fi connection problems
- Step 1: Check settings & restart. Make sure Wi-Fi is on. Then turn it off and on again to reconnect. …
- Step 2: Find the problem type. Phone: Try connecting to the Wi-Fi network with another device, like a laptop computer or friend’s phone. …
- Step 3: Troubleshoot by problem type. Phone.
Why did my WiFi suddenly stop working?
Reboot your modem and router.
The way to fix this is to unplug both your modem and your router (you may have one piece of equipment that acts as both) and wait a full 60 seconds. Then plug them both in again and wait for all the lights to stop flashing. At that point, try to reconnect to the Internet again.
How do I know if my WiFi is not working?
All you have to do is search for “outage map” and the name of your internet service provider (ISP), such as Comcast, Verizon, or Spectrum. You might also want to call your ISP to confirm whether there is an outage in your area and ask for any help to get your WiFi working again.
How do you fix WiFi is connected but no Internet?
To solve the WiFi has no Internet Access error on your phone we can try a couple of things.
2. Reset network settings
- Open Settings.
- Scroll down to System and open it.
- Tap Advanced.
- Tap either Reset or Reset Options.
- Tap Reset Wifi, mobile, and Bluetooth or Reset network settings.
- Confirm it and your device will restart.
Why does my router randomly stop working?
There are two main reasons. There is a hardware problem. Either the hardware is intermittently faulty or is being run beyond its specified design limits. The software in the router is buggy.
Do routers just stop working?
Routers can and do fail, but sometimes give you warning with distinctive signs and symptoms. Moreover, there are steps you can take to extend your router’s lifespan, saving you valuable time and money.
How do you reset your WiFi?
How to reset your router to restore factory default settings
- Locate the Reset button on the back of your router.
- With the router powered on, use the pointed end of a paperclip or similar object to press and hold the Reset button for 15 seconds.
- Wait for the router to fully reset and power back on.
Why my WiFi is not getting connected?
If your Android phone won’t connect to Wi-Fi, you should first make sure that your phone isn’t on Airplane Mode, and that Wi-Fi is enabled on your phone. If your Android phone claims it’s connected to Wi-Fi but nothing will load, you can try forgetting the Wi-Fi network and then connecting to it again.
Why is my Internet connected but no Internet access?
If your computer is the only device that says it has a connection but no actual internet, it is likely that you have a misconfigured setting, faulty drivers or WiFi adapter, DNS issues, or a problem with your IP address. All devices have a WiFi connection but no internet.