Adding a SIM PIN is a great way to make sure that no one can take your SIM card and use it as their own, so it helps give you some peace of mind. Just make sure to remember that SIM PIN, because otherwise, you may lock yourself out of your own phone!
How do you know your SIM PIN?
On stock Android, open the Settings for your smartphone or tablet and tap on Security.
- Access Security Settings. …
- Go to the Advanced section. …
- Access SIM card lock. …
- Select the SIM card whose PIN you want to change or remove. …
- Tap on Biometrics and security. …
- Access Other security settings. …
- Access Set up SIM card lock.
What is default SIM PIN?
The default SIM PIN is 1234.
Does a SIM PIN prevent SIM swapping?
No, that’s not how SIM swapping works. A SIM PIN will not block it. A SIM PIN will prevent someone who steals your phone from using your SIM in another phone.
How do I turn off the SIM PIN on my iPhone?
Turn on / off SIM PIN
- Navigate to the SIM PIN settings: iPhone: From the Home screen, tap Settings > Phone > SIM PIN. iPad: From the Home screen, tap Settings > Cellular > SIM PIN.
- Tap SIM PIN slider to ON or OFF.
- Enter current PIN (default is 1234), then tap Done.
Can you unlock a permanently locked SIM card?
To unlock your SIM Card, reset the PIN by entering your SIM Card’s unique PUK (PIN Unlock Key). Note: Entering an incorrect PUK (PIN Unlock Key) 10 times will permanently lock your SIM Card. If the SIM Card becomes permanently locked, you will need to swap it for a new SIM Card.
What is a PIN PUK unlock code?
The PIN (Personal Identification Number) code is intended to protect your SIM Card from unauthorized use. … The PUK (Personal Unblocking Key) code is a code consisting of 8 digits. It is used to unblock your SIM card when you entered 3 times a wrong PIN code.
How do you unlock a locked SIM card?
How to Unlock Any SIM Card
- Contact your cell-phone carrier to obtain the PUK Code. The PUK Code is retained by the carrier who supplied the SIM card. …
- Attempt to unlock the SIM card using the phone. …
- Enter the PUK code when prompted by the phone.
- Enter a new PIN number of your choice when prompted by the phone.