The SIM card on your mobile phone will become locked if you enter an incorrect personal identification number (PIN) three times. To unlock it you must reset your PIN by entering your SIM card’s unique unlock key (also called a PIN unblocking key or PUK).
How do I fix my locked SIM?
How to (accidentally) lock yourself out of your SIM card
- Launch Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap Cellular.
- Select SIM PIN.
- Tap the toggle to turn SIM PIN to OFF.
- If you fail the three attempts, your iPhone will ask for a PUK Code, which you can only obtain by calling your carrier.
How do you unlock a locked SIM card?
How to Unlock Any SIM Card
- Contact your cell-phone carrier to obtain the PUK Code. The PUK Code is retained by the carrier who supplied the SIM card. …
- Attempt to unlock the SIM card using the phone. …
- Enter the PUK code when prompted by the phone.
- Enter a new PIN number of your choice when prompted by the phone.
How can I unlock my SIM without a PUK code?
Look for the Cellular option. Tap the option that says SIM PIN. There you need to switch off the Lock SIM card option. If it asks you to enter the PIN code and you have never changed it, enter the default one (you can find it in the plastic card where the SIM card came from).
Is my phone SIM locked?
Is your phone unlocked? … It’s simple to find out if your phone is locked. Simply insert a SIM card from another carrier (you’ll be able to get one free from a phone shop or by ordering one online) and see if the name of the network appears on your handset. If it does and you’re able to use your phone, it’s unlocked.
Can you unlock a permanently locked SIM card?
To unlock your SIM Card, reset the PIN by entering your SIM Card’s unique PUK (PIN Unlock Key). Note: Entering an incorrect PUK (PIN Unlock Key) 10 times will permanently lock your SIM Card. If the SIM Card becomes permanently locked, you will need to swap it for a new SIM Card.
What is the PUK code for my SIM card?
A PUK code stands for “Personal Unlock Key.” It’s a unique code that is linked to your mobile phone’s SIM card and is usually 8 digits long. You will need the PUK code if you have set a SIM Card lock and entered the wrong passcode 3 times. Your phone will become locked, and you will need the PUK code to unlock it.