How do I connect my Alexa WiFi to my computer?
How to Connect Alexa to a Windows 10 or Mac Computer
- Open a web browser on your computer and go to alexa.amazon.com.
- Sign in to your Amazon account or create a new one. …
- Next, click Settings. …
- Then click Set up a new device. …
- Choose a device to set up. …
- Then click Continue to sign in again.
How do I connect my echo DOT to my laptop wirelessly?
If you wish to install your Dot using your WiFi-enabled computer (laptop, AirBook, Chromebook, etc.), go to http://alexa.amazon.com and log in with your Amazon credentials. Go to Settings on the left side of the app or page, then tap/click on Set Up New Device.
How do I connect echo dot to WiFi without app?
To connect Alexa to a new WiFi network without the app, go to alexa.amazon.com and sign in. Then click Settings > Set up a new device and select your device. Next, put your device in pairing mode and connect to its WiFi network.
Can echo dot be used as a speaker for laptop?
As long as your computer has Bluetooth wireless, you absolutely can use your Amazon Echo as a computer speaker – and we’re going to show you how. … You can also still benefit from the full range of Alexa voice commands and services – the speaker doesn’t become a dumb slave to the computer once it’s connected.
How do I reconnect Alexa to the Internet?
If so, you’re all set to connect Alexa to your Wi-Fi network.
- On the bottom bar tap More and tap Settings.
- Tap Device Settings.
- Select your device and tap Change next to the Wi-Fi network.
- Your Echo device will now go through setup.
- Select the Wi-Fi network in the Alexa app.
- Log in to your Wi-Fi.
- Tap Connect.
How do you download Alexa app on PC?
How to Download the Alexa App on a Windows 10 Computer
- Click the magnifying glass icon in the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Type Microsoft Store into the search bar and click Open.
- Then type Alexa into the search bar. …
- Select the Alexa app. …
- Then click the Get button to download the Alexa app to your computer.
Can I set up Echo dot without a smartphone?
Yes and no. You need a smartphone to set up the Alexa connect on the local wifi. You set it up using the Alexa app and go to settings and set up a new device. … You need a smartphone to set up the Alexa connect on the local wifi.
How do I connect my Alexa Echo dot to WIFI?
How to connect an Amazon Echo to Wi-Fi
- Sign into the Alexa app on your iPhone or Android device, then tap the “Devices” icon in the bottom-right. …
- Tap “Echo & Alexa” on the next screen. …
- Select the specific Echo device you want to connect to Wi-Fi. …
- On the next page, next to “Wi-Fi Network,” tap the word “Change.”
How do I make Alexa discoverable?
Set your smartphone, tablet or other device to Bluetooth paring mode. Set your Echo device to pairing mode with the command, “Alexa, pair.” She’ll confirm with, “Searching…” On your phone, tablet or other device, select your Echo speaker under Bluetooth settings. Alexa will announce the successful connection.
What do I do if my echo dot wont connect to Wi-Fi?
Unplug both devices, wait 15 seconds, then plug them back in. If that does not work, try the same thing with the Echo. Turn it completely off using the power button, wait 15 seconds, then turn it back on. Wait a minute to see if it automatically reconnects to the internet.
Why won’t My Echo connect to my Wi-Fi?
Make sure that your Echo device is within 30 feet (or 10 meters) of your wireless router. … If other devices can’t connect, restart your Internet router and/or modem. While your network hardware restarts, unplug the power adapter from your Echo device for 3 seconds, then plug it back in.
Does Echo dot have to be connected to Wi-Fi?
If you are wondering, “does the Amazon Echo Dot have to be plugged in?” that answer varies between power and connectivity. One way to utilize Alexa without having internet access or a steady Wi-Fi connection is to use your device as a Bluetooth speaker. … Select Bluetooth.
How do I connect my echo dot speaker to my computer?
Your Echo Dot can be used as a computer speaker by connecting the two devices with Bluetooth. Go to your computer’s Settings page, select Bluetooth, then find your device and select Connect. Follow the on-screen instructions, and you’re all set!
Can Alexa shut down my PC?
however, it will not put the PC to sleep, only shut it down. to be clear: “alexa, turn on my PC” will WAKE your computer from sleeping. “alexa, turn off my PC” will entitely shut down your computer, making it so the “turn on” function no longer works.