In the Control Panel window, go to “Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.” Now, right-click on the Bluetooth device, the name of which you want to change. Select Properties. In the device property window, click on the Bluetooth tab and rename the device.
Can I change the name of a Bluetooth device?
Your device name will be listed in the Bluetooth settings. On some devices, you can simply tap the name to change it… …others will require opening the three-dot menu. Enter a new device name and then tap “Rename” or “Save.”
Why can’t I rename a Bluetooth device?
Make sure the device is turned on and connected. The device can’t be renamed. Not all Bluetooth devices allow you to rename them, so you have to keep the default name assigned by the manufacturer.
How do I rename a Bluetooth device permanently?
Android sometimes has “friendly names” where you can do a local rename of the device, so it’ll show up as “Bob’s Headset”, but only on that device.
On a Mac:
- Go to System Preferences > Bluetooth.
- Control click on the device name.
- Select Name from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the new name.
- Click Rename.
How do I rename a Bluetooth device in Windows?
To change the Bluetooth device name in the list of available options when attempting to pair two devices, change the PC name.
- Click the Windows icon and then click the Settings icon to open the settings menu.
- Click System under Windows Settings.
- Click About and then Rename this PC.
How do I rename my headphones in Windows 10?
To Rename an Audio Device in Windows 10,
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to System -> Sound.
- On the right, scroll to the device (Output or Input) you want to rename.
- Click on the link Device Properties.
- On the next page, type a new name for your device and click on the Rename button.
How do you reprogram a Bluetooth speaker?
Press the refresh button: in order for this trick to work you need to be very close to the speaker, you start by pressing the button with the Bluetooth logo on it and holding it for 2–3 seconds, this refreshes the speakers connections with already connected devices which allows you to pair with the device.
How do I rename a device in Windows 10?
1] Rename devices from Settings
Scroll down to the Input section, select the device from the dropdown list you want to rename. Now click on Device Properties. In Device Properties, next to the device icon you can enter the new name for the device in the text field. Click on Rename and you are done.
How do I turn Bluetooth on in Windows 10?
Here’s how to turn Bluetooth on or off in Windows 10:
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices.
- Select the Bluetooth switch to turn it On or Off as desired.