If you have a good GPS signal at home and don’t want to get your device location determined by Wi-Fi or mobile networks, then you can go to Settings -> Location on your Android devices and fix the location mode to Device only, which uses GPS only to detect the location.
How do I change the location of my wireless router?
How to Change Router IP Address
- Enter your router’s IP address into your favorite web browser.
- Log in with the default username and password.
- Click on Setup.
- Choose Network Settings.
- Type in the router’s new IP address under Router Settings.
- Click on Save Setting.
How do I fix the range of my wireless router?
7 Easy Ways to Fix a Weak WiFi Signal
- Get a Modern Router. I just moved and recently got cable. …
- Don’t Hide Your Router. …
- Buy a WiFi Extender. …
- Check for Router Updates. …
- Use a Long Range Router. …
- Kick Your Neighbors Offline. …
- Perform a Speed Test.
Can I relocate my Wi-Fi router myself?
If the coax lines are all connected to your service and the liine is active then yes you can just simply unplug the router and move it to where you want.
What IP address is my router using?
Find Your Router’s IP Address
You log into your router’s firmware through a browser. Any browser will do. At the address field, type the IP address of your router. Most routers use an address of 192.168.1.1.
Why is my Wi-Fi location wrong?
Go into your Settings, Connections, Location, and make sure the following are set: The Location slider is ON. The Locating method is set to High accuracy. Open Improve accuracy and set Wi-Fi scanning ON, and set Bluetooth scanning ON.
How can I make my WiFi stronger?
Top 15 Ways to Boost Your WiFi
- Select a Good Place for Your Router.
- Keep Your Router Updated.
- Get a Stronger Antenna.
- Cut Off WiFi Leeches.
- Buy a WiFi Repeater/ Booster/ Extender.
- Switch to a Different WiFi Channel.
- Control Bandwidth-Hungry Applications and Clients.
- Use the Latest WiFi Technologies.
How do I test my WiFi signal?
To measure Wi-Fi signal strength on your phone or tablet, you can use the Airport Utility App for iPhone and iPad, or Wi-Fi Analyzer for Android. Both are easy to use and show results for any wireless networks in your area.
How do I increase my WiFi range?
6 ways to extend your Wi-Fi range
- Move your existing router to a better position.
- Buy a new, better router.
- Buy a mesh Wi-Fi kit.
- Buy a Wi-Fi extender / booster.
- Buy a powerline networking adapter set with Wi-Fi.
- Switch to 2.4GHz from 5GHz.
Does moving the router affect Internet speed?
The distance between your wireless adapter and router can affect your internet speed. A general rule is that if you double the distance between the router and client (or device), throughput decreases by one-third of its original strength. … To obtain a strong signal, move any objects that may be hindering wireless waves.
Can I have two routers?
Yes, it is possible to use two (or even more than two) routers on the same home network. The benefits of a two-router network include: … A second router provides more open Ethernet ports so that additional computers can join the network.