The answer is “no”, you need an activated SIM card to setup a new iPhone, but “yes” to using it without a plan. By using call/text apps over WiFi there’s no need for cellular service unless wifi isn’t readily available. provider, any appropriate sim will do.
Can I connect my printer to Xfinity hotspot?
Not through a public remote hotspot, no. You need to have an Xfinity internet service in your home (or any other home-based internet service) so that your printer can be connected to your network through the wireless router that Xfinity provides (or your own third-party wireless router).
How do I add a device to my Xfinity WiFi?
Link Your Works with Xfinity Device
- Sign in to the Xfinity Home app.
- Tap the More icon at the bottom of the screen, then tap Add a Device.
- On the Add a Device screen, tap the brand of the device you want link.
- Tap Continue.
- If you’ve completed the tasks on the list, check the boxes, then tap Continue.
How do I get my printer to recognize my WiFi?
How to Fix the Problem
- Try connecting to the printer with a cable. This allows you to see whether the WiFi signal is the issue. …
- Find a new spot for the printer. …
- Check the printer queue. …
- Reboot the printer. …
- Make sure the firmware is up-to-date. …
- Confirm that your mobile device is on the right network. …
- Reset the printer.
How do I setup my printer for WiFi?
How to connect a printer via wireless network
- Step 1: Locate your settings. Once turned on and ready for configuration, you’ll need to connect the printer to your home WiFi. …
- Step 2: Link your WiFi network. …
- Step 3: Complete connectivity. …
- Step 4: Locate your printer settings. …
- Step 5: Connect the printer to the computer.
How do I connect to XFINITY free WiFi?
Go to Settings > WiFi, then from the list of in-range networks, select “xfinitywifi.” If you’d prefer to choose when your phone connects to WiFi, you can stop your phone from auto-connecting to Xfinity WiFi hotspots.
Why is my phone not connecting to Xfinity WiFi?
If for some reason you’re not connecting, it could be because you changed the network name or password on your Xfinity Home WiFi. … From your Home screen, go to Settings > WiFi. Turn on WiFi. Your phone will automatically search for available WiFi networks, then tap the name of your home network.
Can someone else use my Xfinity WiFi?
You can give your guests access to your home network in two easy ways: Share your private in-home WiFi network name and password. Utilize your Xfinity WiFi Home Hotspot.
How many devices can be connected to Xfinity WiFi?
You can register up to 10 devices on your account to access Xfinity WiFi hotspots. To remove or rename the devices with access to WiFi hotspots, visit your personal list of Xfinity WiFi Hotspot Connected Devices and sign in to your account. Note: Only primary users or a manager can manage registered devices.
How many devices can be connected to my WiFi?
Wondering if you have too many devices on WiFi? Most of the wireless routers and access points state they can support about 250 devices connected at once. This WiFi connection number includes computers, cameras, tablets, mobile smartphones, appliances, and a wide variety of other devices that are now internet-enabled.