All modern Mac computers (released since roughly 2011) come with built-in support for Bluetooth. You don’t need to buy anything special to use Bluetooth on your MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, or iMac. Simply follow the below steps to enable Bluetooth on your Mac and get started with it.
Can MacBook Pros connect to Bluetooth?
Connect your Mac with a Bluetooth keyboard, mouse, trackpad, headset, or other audio device. Make sure the device is turned on and discoverable (see the device’s documentation for details). On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth. Select the device in the list, then click Connect.
How do I know if my MacBook Pro has Bluetooth?
Turn Bluetooth on or off on Mac
- On your Mac, click the Bluetooth status icon in the menu bar. If you don’t see the Bluetooth status icon, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Bluetooth, then select “Show Bluetooth in menu bar.”
- Click the switch to turn Bluetooth on or off.
How do I know if my Mac has Bluetooth?
To determine your Mac’s Bluetooth version
- Click the menu.
- Select About This Mac.
- Click on the More Info… button.
- Click on the System Report… button.
- Select Bluetooth from the sidebar on the left, underneath “Hardware.”
- Scan down the list of information until you find “LMP Version.”
Why won’t my Bluetooth connect to my MacBook Pro?
Hold Shift + Option and click on the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar. Click Debug and select “Remove all devices” Click Debug again and select “Reset the Bluetooth module” Restart your Mac and re-pair your Bluetooth devices.
Why won’t my Bluetooth headphones connect to my MacBook?
Reset the Bluetooth module
Press on Shift + Option and hit on the Bluetooth icon found in the menu bar. Select Debug and proceed to Remove all devices. Select Debug once more but this time, choose Reset the Bluetooth module. Restart your computer and attempt Bluetooth pairing once again.
Can you use Bluetooth headphones on a MacBook?
You can connect Bluetooth headphones, keyboards, mice, trackpads, or other devices to your Mac computer.
How do I get my Mac to recognize my Bluetooth headphones?
How to pair wireless headphones to Mac
- On your Mac, click on the Apple menu and launch System Preferences.
- Navigate to the Bluetooth menu and Turn Bluetooth On. …
- Make sure your headphones are charged and currently in discoverable mode. …
- Your Bluetooth headphones should now appear in the list.
Can I upgrade Bluetooth on my Mac?
Long answer short: yes you can upgrade the internal wifi card and Bluetooth card in your Mac.
Why doesn’t my Bluetooth work on my Mac?
If you don’t have a Bluetooth icon in the menu bar, head to System Preferences > Bluetooth and check Show Bluetooth in menu bar. Now, press Shift + Option and click on the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar. In the menu that appears, select Debug > Reset the Bluetooth module. You can now try re-pairing your devices.
Why does my Mac say Bluetooth not available?
Click on the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar and turn Bluetooth off. Once it’s switched off, turn it back on by clicking on Turn Bluetooth On. If the macOS “Bluetooth Not Available” error hasn’t gone away, try rebooting your Mac. Shut the system down completely and reboot it as usual.