Your Telkom LTE contract can only be upgraded or downgraded after 3 consecutive months of your LTE being active and having had successful billing. To upgrade/downgrade, contact Telkom directly.
How do I register for Telkom LTE bundles?
Dial *180#, select option 3: Bundle Purchase then option 2: Data bundle then option 1: LTE / LTE-A Bundles then option 1: continue, select the bundle you want. Terms and conditions apply. Visit www.telkom.co.za for more information.
How can I fix my Telkom LTE speed?
Get Better Telkom LTE Speeds
- The Paddle-Antenna Configuration.
- Change the Profile/APN settings.
- Captain Obvious Says: “Move the router around”
- Get the damn antenna up already.
Can I convert my Telkom LTE contract to Fibre?
If you are an existing Telkom ADSL customer and have fibre available in your area, you can easily and seamlessly migrate to a Telkom fibre connection without any billing hassles. Can I keep my landline number once my Telkom fixed line has been disconnected? Yes you can.
How do I activate LTE on Telkom?
Telkom LTE SIM Activation
- While waiting for the SIM to be activated, you can insert the SIM into the router. …
- To connect to the internet, find the username and the password at the bottom of the router or use the username and password that you have created during the setup phase.
How do I recharge my Telkom LTE data?
How to top up your Telkom LTE data:
- Navigate to your Telkom App.
- You will get to the main dashboard on your screen.
- Navigate to accounts.
- Select Buy.
- Scroll through the list of options and select Data Bundles.
- Select the bundle type – LTE/LTE-A once off.
- Select your preferred bundle amount eg.
How does LTE data work?
How does LTE work? LTE changes the current method of moving data to an internet protocol system. Rather than move small amounts of data, as both CDMA and GSM do, it will move large packets of data and streamline the service. … The major benefit to LTE is that in reduces the latency in data transfer.
Why is my Telkom LTE slow?
You could be experiencing slow speeds due to your LTE data usage. … Up to 250GB of usage, you will be able to access the Telkom LTE network at up to 10Mbps high-speed. Between 250GB and 300GB of usage, you will be able to access the network at a standard 4Mbps speed.
How can I increase my LTE speed?
How Can I Improve My 4G LTE or 5G Speed?
- Get a New Phone/Hotspot. If you’re using an old device, a new phone or hotspot may allow you to connect to new bands. …
- Use External Antennas. Many hotspots from major carriers like AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile support external antenna ports. …
- Use a Signal Booster.
How good is Telkom LTE?
The size of Telkom’s LTE-A network is unrivalled in Africa. Telkom’s LTE-A speeds are comparable to speeds available over a fibre network. Telkom’s LTE-A speeds offer a compelling alternative to fixed-line broadband for high-speed connectivity.
How do I know when my Telkom LTE contract expires?
How to Check Telkom Contract Expiry Date
- Go to your Telkom phone and dial *180#.
- Look for the Manage Account option.
- Select View Contract End Date.
- Now you can see the date on which your Telkom contract is scheduled to expire.
How long does Telkom take to install Fibre?
Appointments are scheduled upfront with the customer and you will have to be at home as the technician needs access to the inside of your home to fit your Fibre equipment. Each installation is different but could last from 4 – 16 hours from the point at which the technician arrives.
How do I activate LTE?
First, swipe up on the home screen and tap on the Settings icon, and then tap on the Network & Internet selection. You should then tap on the Mobile Network menu, and then tap on the Advanced option. Finally, tap on the LTE selection for 4G access.
What is Telkom LTE bundles?
In simple terms, it is a Telkom LTE prepaid data plan which is provided as a fixed SmartBroadband Wireless service for use in a fixed location to connect and surf the internet. Subscription to SmartBroadband Wireless prepaid data plan is subject to the availability of Telkom’s LTE network coverage.