Go to Settings > WiFi > More > Advanced WiFi. Toggle Auto-Connect to Xfinity WiFi to off.
How do I turn off Xfinity WiFi at a certain time?
Go to http://10.0.0.1,
- Log in with your Xfinity ID and password.
- Go to Parental Control > Managed Services. The Managed Services menu allows you to prevent access to applications and services.
- Select Enable, then: Blocked Sites: Click Add and enter the URLs of the websites to be blocked, and set up a time schedule.
How do I make my WiFi turn off at a certain time?
Here are the steps:
- Open the router management page. …
- On the Wireless Settings page, click the button “Edit WiFi Calendar”.
- In the popup dialog, select limited time, then enter time ranges to turn WiFi on for each day. …
- Click OK to dismiss the dialog, then click Save to save Wireless Settings.
How do I stop Xfinity Auto managing WiFi?
Turn off auto-connect on Android phones
- Go to Settings > Connections > WiFi > Advanced.
- Toggle Auto-Connect to Xfinity WiFi to off.
Can I turn off Xfinity WiFi from my phone?
Go to customer.xfinity.com/#/settings/security/hotspot. … Click Turn Off or Turn On to disable or enable your public hotspot. (Note: This is turned on by default.) Confirm your selection.
How do I block a device from Xfinity WiFi?
Tap the People Icon at the bottom of the screen. Select the Plus Icon in the top left of the screen to Create a Profile. Create a profile named “Blocked Devices” or something similar. Select the unassigned devices you want to block and tap Assign.
Is it OK to leave WiFi on all the time?
So, is it really ok to leave your router switched on all the time? Absolutely it is. Routers are specifically designed to run all the time. In fact, you could reduce the lifespan of the router if you’re switching it on and off too frequently.
Should I turn off WiFi on my phone at night?
The best way to reduce Wi-Fi is to turn it off at night. By turning off Wi-Fi at night, you will reduce the amount of EMF radiation that fills your home on a daily basis. … Electronic devices that search for wireless internet are doing so by radio waves. These radio waves are a type of EMF radiation.
Can I turn off my Xfinity WiFi at night?
Toggling the Xfinity Bedtime Mode
Open the xFi app on your device (available for both iOS and Android). Go to the XFi digital dashboard. Access the device of your child (while it’s connected to the internet). Hit on the button that says Create a Downtime Schedule.
Should I turn off Xfinity hotspot?
Disabling the Comcast Xfinity public wifi hotspot feature is one way to prevent your modem from being used as a hotspot. However, it still leaves you with an overpriced modem rental fee and a device that uses more electricity than a typical modem/router combo.