How do I separate 2.4 and 5GHz on BT Smart Hub 2?
To split your SSID:
- Open a new web browser on your connected device and type 192.168. 1.254 into the address bar. …
- Click Advanced Settings.
- Enter the admin password. …
- Click Continue to Advanced Settings.
- Click Wireless.
- Click 5GHz Wireless.
- Set “Sync with 2.4GHz” to No.
- Change the “Wireless SSID” to a new name. (
How do I disable 5GHz on my BT router?
Disable Wi-Fi – British Telecom (BT)
- Open a browser and enter the IP address 192.168.1.254 to access the Hub Manager.
- Click on Advanced settings and then Wireless.
- Enter your user name and password. The defaults are found on the back of the device.
- Click on Wireless switch and set it to Off. …
- Click on Save.
How do I switch from 5GHz to 2.4 GHz BT?
To set this up, follow these steps:
- Open your web browser on a device connected to the Hub and go to bthomehub. …
- Click on Advanced Settings and enter your Hub admin password when prompted. …
- Click on Continue to Advanced Settings.
- Click on Wireless.
- Click on 5GHz.
- Change ‘Sync with 2.4 Ghz’ to No.
How do I change settings on BT Smart Hub 2?
- Open a new web browser on a device connected to your Hub and type 192.168.1.254 in the address bar. This will open the Hub manager.
- Click Smart Setup.
- Enter the admin password. …
- Click the “On/off” button to turn Smart Setup on or off.
- Remember once you make any changes you’ll need to save them.
Can I use both 2.4 and 5 GHz at the same time?
Simultaneous dual-band routers are capable of receiving and transmitting on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies at the same time. This provides two independent and dedicated networks which allows more flexibility and bandwidth.
How do I change the SSID on my BT Smart Hub 2?
How can I change the Wireless Network Name (SSID) and Wireless Password/key?
- Select More then select Your Wi-Fi network.
- Select Manage your Wi-Fi settings then Change your Wi-Fi name and password.
- Enter your new Wi-Fi network name and/or password and then click Save.
Should I disable 5GHz on my router?
The highest speed can be achieved on the 5GHz network by means of the AC-wifi standard. The 2.4GHz network has the best range. If you prefer, switching off 5GHz will reduce wifi radiation from the router even more.
How do I switch from 2.4 GHz to 5GHz?
The frequency band is changed directly on the router:
- Enter the IP address 192.168. 0.1 in your Internet browser.
- Leave the user field empty and use admin as the password.
- Select Wireless from the menu.
- In the 802.11 band selection field, you can select 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz.
- Click on Apply to save the Settings.
How do I disable SSID on BT Smart Hub 2?
Home Hub v2: Go to ‘Settings’ > ‘Wireless’ > ‘Security’, then set ‘Hide wireless network name’ to “Yes”.
What devices should be on 2.4 GHz and 5GHz?
Type of Device and How it’s Being Used
Ideally, you should use the 2.4GHz band to connect devices for low bandwidth activities like browsing the Internet. On the other hand, 5GHz is the best suited for high-bandwidth devices or activities like gaming and streaming HDTV.
How do I speed up my BT Smart Hub 2?
Re: Slow Speeds Smart Hub 2
- Open Control Panel.
- Click on Network and Internet.
- Click on Network and Sharing Center.
- Click the Change adapter settings in the left pane. Source: Windows Central.
- Double-click the network adapter (Ethernet or Wi-Fi).
- Check the connection speed in the Speed field.
How do I reset my BT Smart Hub 2?
How do I restart my BT Hub?
- Press the Power (On/Off) button on the back of the Hub.
- Confirm all lights on the front of the Hub are off.
- Leave for 10 seconds.
- Press the Power button again.
- Confirm all lights on the front of the Hub are on.
- If it doesn’t stay a steady blue, please go to our BT troubleshooter >