To do this, power up or reboot your Mac then quickly hold down Command-Option-R until you see the Spinning World Logo on the screen. Select your WiFi network if prompted. Once you land on the ‘macOS utilities’ screen, select ‘reinstall macOS’, then click ‘continue’.
How do I reinstall Wi-Fi driver on Macbook Pro?
Mac OS X – Reinstalling Network Adapters
- Open System Preferences from within the Apple menu.
- Choose the Network option.
- Highlight the network adapter that is causing difficulties and press the “-” sign in the bottom of the left hand column.
- Click Apply in the bottom right hand corner of the page to apply these changes.
How do I reinstall Wi-Fi?
Here is how to do it:
- In Device Manager, select Network adapters. Then click Action.
- Click Scan for hardware changes. Then Windows will detect the missing driver for your wireless network adapter and reinstall it automatically.
- Double-click Network adapters.
How do you recover Wi-Fi on a Macbook Pro?
Method 1: Keychain Access on Mac
- Step 1: Launch Keychain. First, open the Keychain app. …
- Step 2: Go to Passwords. Click on System, and then click on Passwords under Categories. …
- Step 3: Click Show Password.
- Step 4: Authenticate. You’ll be prompted for authentication. …
- Step 5: View and Show Password.
How do I add a Wi-Fi Network to my Macbook Pro?
Connect your Mac to the internet using Wi-Fi
- On your Mac, click the Wi-Fi icon in the menu bar, then choose the network you want to join. If you don’t see the network you want to join, click Other Networks to display nearby networks.
- If requested, enter the password for the network, then click Join.
How do I get my Wi-Fi icon back on my Mac?
Show Wi-Fi status in the menu bar on Mac
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Dock & Menu Bar. Open Dock & Menu Bar preferences for me.
- Click Wi-Fi in the list at the left.
- Select “Show Wi-Fi status in menu bar.”
How do I reinstall my wifi driver without Internet?
Method 1: Download and Install Lan/Wired/Wireless Network Drivers with Driver Talent for Network Card
- Go to a computer whose network connection is available. …
- Connect the USB drive to your computer and copy the installer file. …
- Launch the utility and it will start scanning automatically without any advanced configuration.
How do I fix unable to connect to network?
Fix “Windows Can’t Connect To This Network” Error
- Forget The Network & Reconnect To It.
- Toggle The Airplane Mode On & Off.
- Uninstall The Drivers For Your Network Adapter.
- Run Commands In CMD To Fix The Issue.
- Reset Your Network Settings.
- Disable IPv6 On Your PC.
- Use The Network Troubleshooter.
How do I install a wifi adapter on my computer without the CD?
How to Manually Install Adapters on Windows 7
- Insert the adapter onto your computer.
- Right click Computer, and then click Manage.
- Open Device Manager.
- Click Browse my computer for driver software.
- Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- Highlight Show All Devices and click Next.
- Click Have Disk.
Which Macs have Internet recovery?
A few Macs from 2010 and 2011 can have their firmware upgraded so that they gain support for internet recovery.
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, Early 2011)
- MacBook Pro (17-inch, Early 2011)
- iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011)
- iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011)
- MacBook (13-inch, Mid 2010)
How do I recover my Mac?
How to start Mac in Recovery Mode
- Click on Apple logo at the top left of the screen.
- Select Restart.
- Immediately hold down the Command and R keys until you see an Apple logo or spinning globe. …
- Eventually your Mac will show the Recovery Mode Utilities window with the following options:
What can I do if I forget my Wi-Fi password?
In your router’s web interface, head to the Wi-Fi settings and look for the Wi-Fi password. If your router gives you the option to see the password, then you’ve got what you need. Otherwise, you can just change the password and then connect using the new one.