To turn Wi-Fi off, open the Settings app and tap Wi-Fi. Tap the switch next to Wi-Fi to turn it off — you’ll know Wi-Fi is off when the switch is gray and positioned left. Simply tap the switch again to turn it back on.
How do I turn off Wi-Fi password sharing on iPhone?
Go to System Preferences > Sharing > Internet Sharing, and make sure that it is disabled.
How do I get my phone to stop asking me to share my Wi-Fi password?
That’s a good question, and here’s a good answer: On the Home screen, tap Settings.
- On the Home screen, tap Settings. The Settings app appears.
- Tap Wi-Fi. iPhone opens the Wi-Fi Networks screen.
- Tap the Ask to Join Networks switch to Off. Your iPhone no longer prompts you with nearby networks. Whew!
How do I make my Wi-Fi private on iPhone?
iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Open the Settings app, then tap Wi-Fi.
- Tap the information button next to a network.
- Tap to turn Private Address on or off. If your device joined the network without using a private address, a privacy warning explains why.
Why does my iPhone keep asking me for my Wi-Fi password?
Reset all the network settings
But your iPhone might keep forgetting the Wi-Fi password because of numerous problems in your network settings. … To reset your network settings, go to Settings > General > Reset. Tap on Reset Network Settings, then enter your passcode and confirm you want to reset the settings.
How do I connect my iPhone to another WiFi?
How to Share WiFi from Your iPhone
- Go to Settings on your iPhone. …
- Then tap Bluetooth and make sure it is turned on. …
- Then go back to Settings and tap WiFi.
- Make sure WiFi is turned on, and sign in to a WiFi network. …
- On the iPhone that needs the WiFi password, go to Settings.
- Tap WiFi. …
- Choose the same WiFi network.
Why does my phone ask for Wi-Fi password?
Sharing the Wi-Fi password when a friend comes over is one of the minor trials of modern life. … The function reportedly works simply: if a device running iOS 11 tries to join your Wi-Fi network, your nearby iOS devices will get a pop-up asking if you’d like to share your password.
How do I automatically share my Wi-Fi password?
If your guest has an Android phone, on their device head to Settings, Connections (or Network and Internet), then Wi-Fi. Scroll down to find where it says Add Network; next to it, you’ll see a QR code icon. Tap on it and they can now quickly scan the code. Scanning the code should automatically connect the device.
What does ask to join networks mean on iPhone?
Asking if you want to join a new Wi-Fi network
Assuming everything’s running smoothly, your iPhone or iPad will seamlessly switch between your “known” home and office Wi-Fi networks and its cellular data connection. … To turn them off for good, tap Settings > Wi-Fi, then turn off the “Ask to Join Networks” setting.
What is private WIFI on iPhone?
To help protect your privacy, your iPhone uses a unique private network address, called a media access control (MAC) address, on each Wi-Fi network it joins.
Why does my iPhone say unable to join Wi-Fi?
Still can’t connect? Reset your Network Settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before.
How do I get rid of this connection is not private on my iPhone?
Safari Error “Your Connection is Not Private” on iPhone, Mac, iPad [Fixed]
- Solution 1: Restart iPhone, Router, and Mac.
- Solution 2: Disable VPN.
- Solution 3: Set Correct Date and Time.
- Solution 4: Turn Off Security Software/App.
- Solution 5: Try These.
- Solution 6: Use Safari in Private Mode.
- Solution 7: Clear Safari Cache.