Can I turn wifi off to certain devices?
If you’d rather not nuke your network entirely, you can block specific devices with a feature called MAC Address Filtering. … To block a certain device, you’ll need to know its MAC address—a 12-digit number unique to that specific device.
How can I see what devices are on my Google wireless network?
With the Google Wifi app
- Open the Google Wifi app .
- Tap Network. Devices. The numbers next to “Devices” represent your total Internet (WAN) traffic to and from your network. …
- Tap a specific device and a tab to find additional details. Usage: How much data the device has used over the selected time frame.
Can multiple people control Google WIFI?
If you’ve set up Google Wifi in the Google Wifi app, your Wi-Fi network only has one owner, but can have as many managers as you want. Managers can view the same data and edit the same settings as the owner, but can’t factory reset your devices or add new ones.
How many devices can use Google WiFi?
Google says this package provides as much coverage as the three-pack of the Google Wifi, and it’s good for homes up to 3,800 square feet and up to 200 connected devices.
How do I bypass Google WiFi restrictions?
Change Your DNS Configuration
Most devices allow you to choose which DNS servers you use, instead of using the ones provided by the network. Changing your DNS to Google Public DNS at 8.8. 8.8 and 8.8. 4.4 will completely bypass site blocking.
How do I restrict Internet access?
Go to More Functions > Security Settings > Parental Control. In the Parental Control area, click the icon on the right, select the device and set Internet access time limits. Click Save. In the Website Filtering area, click the icon on the right, select the device and set the websites that you want to restrict.
Should I turn WiFi off when using Ethernet?
Wi-Fi doesn’t need to be turned off when using Ethernet, but turning it off will ensure that network traffic isn’t accidentally sent over Wi-Fi instead of Ethernet. It can also provide more security as there will be fewer routes into the device.
How do I put parental controls on my home WiFi?
How do I set parental controls on my router?
- Connect your computer to the Wi-Fi network of your router, or to the LAN port on the router using an Ethernet cable. …
- Go to Tools > Parental Control and click +.
- Select the time, week, and device name you want to add parental controls for, and click OK.
How do I see devices on my network?
Look for a link or button named something like “attached devices,” “connected devices,” or “DHCP clients.” You may find this on the Wi-Fi configuration page, or you may find it on some sort of status page. On some routers, the list of connected devices may be printed on a main status page to save you some clicks.
How can I see all devices on my network?
To see all of the devices connected to your network, type arp -a in a Command Prompt window. This will show you the allocated IP addresses and the MAC addresses of all connected devices.
How do I identify an unknown device on my network?
How to identify unknown devices connected to your network
- Tap the Settings app.
- Tap About Phone or About Device.
- Tap Status or Hardware Information.
- Scroll down to see your Wi-Fi MAC address.