In the Yale Access app, go to the side menu (upper left), tap Set Up New Device. Choose Set Up A Connect. Choose a lock with which to associate your Yale Connect Wi-Fi Bridge. When prompted, plug connect into an outlet near your door and then follow the in-app instructions.
How do I change the Wi-Fi on my Yale alarm?
To connect to a different Wi-Fi network, press the Reset button for 10 seconds to reset the camera then reconnect to Wi-Fi when the red and blue light flashes. Enter the App, go to the camera preview page, click the gear icon in the top right corner, then click on “Wi-Fi” and follow the prompts.
How do I reset my Yale Wi-Fi lock?
Remove the mounting plate to reveal the reset button, which is located on the left side of the cable connector. Hold down the reset button while you put in the batteries. Keep holding down on the reset button until the light turns red and the lock says “Just a moment, erasing all settings.” Release the reset button.
Why is my Yale lock not connecting to Wi-Fi?
Make sure that your Connect or Guard is plugged in and online. If you have more than one Wi-Fi network in your home: Make sure that your phone and your Connect or Guard are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Why is my Yale Smart Hub beeping?
On my Smart Hub, the middle LED light is on, and hub is beeping every 30 seconds. This means there has been an alarm activation or there is a fault is in the system. Please fully arm the system, then disarm. If fault light is still on please go into the app and check if there are any faults with any of the devices.
Why is my Yale lock not working?
Check That the Batteries Are Not Low or Dead:This lock is battery powered so if there is a problem with battery power, it will not operate as it should. If the batteries are dead, you can provide emergency power using a 9V battery to open the lock. Once the door is open, replace the batteries immediately.
How do I reset my Yale push button lock?
Hold down the reset button for a minimum of 3 seconds and then reinstall the batteries; once the batteries are properly installed, release the reset button.
How do you troubleshoot a Yale lock?
Here are some troubleshooting steps to try:
- Open your door.
- Slowly use the thumb turn inside your home to extend the deadbolt all the way to the locked position, then retract it back to the unlocked position.
- Close your door.
- Again, use the thumb turn to extend and retract the deadbolt.
How do I reset my Yale module?
Follow the steps below:
- Remove the battery cover and batteries from the lock.
- Remove the interior escutcheon to access the reset button within the lock.
- The reset button is located beside the PCB cable connector.
- Reinstall the batteries while holding down the reset button for a minimum of 3 seconds and then release.
How do I connect Nest lock to New WIFI?
How to update Wi-Fi settings on Nest Connect
- Bring your phone or tablet to the same room as your Nest Connect.
- On the app home screen, tap Settings .
- Tap Nest Connect. You may need to scroll down to see this option.
- Tap the Connect whose settings you want to change.
- Tap Wi-Fi Connection, then tap Start.
How do I transfer Nestlock to new owner?
When you’re ready to transfer ownership to a new user, you’ll have to perform a factory reset. This will update the settings on the lock itself and you can then start over with set up on the lock itself using the keypad.
Is my Yale lock Wi-Fi?
Your lock doesn’t use Wi-Fi. Instead, it uses a low-power connection to talk to Connect or Guard. Your Connect or Guard then uses Wi-Fi to send information from your lock to the Nest app. This indirect connection helps your lock conserve battery power.
What do I need to connect my Yale lock to my phone?
Get ready to lose your keys, for good with your Yale Assure Lock and the Yale Access App!
- Download the Yale Access App. …
- Enable Bluetooth. …
- Set up the Device in the Yale Access App. …
- Scan the QR Code. …
- Install Your Assure Lock. …
- Power Your Assure Lock. …
- Create Master Entry Code. …
- Remove the Batteries.