Step 4: Under the Wireless Security Mode section, select “Enable WEP Wireless Security (basic)” from the Security Mode drop-down menu. In the section below, select the desired Authentication, Wep Key Length, and Default WEP Key to use from the drop-down menus. Enter the desired WEP Password in the field provided.
How do I change my wireless router to WEP?
From the Top menu, click Wireless Settings. Click Basic Security Settings (on the left). Under Select a WEP Key (step 5 on the Basic Security Settings section), enter the new key code in the Key Code field. The WEP key must be 10 digits long.
How do I enable WEP?
Turn On / Off Wireless Equivalent Privacy (WEP) – LTE Internet (Installed)
- Access the router configuration main menu. …
- From the Top menu, click Wireless Settings.
- Click Basic Security Settings (on the left).
- Under Step 4 “Click on the button next to WEP”, check WEP or Off.
How do I find my WIFI WEP?
The Wifi Settings opens. Click Manage known networks. Click the current wifi network your are connected to, and click Properties. Next to Security type, if it says something such as WEP or WPA2, your network is protected.
How do I change my WiFi router from WEP to WPA?
Here’s how to change your encryption type:
- While you’re logged into your router’s settings, find the wireless network configuration section on the wireless security or wireless network page.
- Select the WPA or WPA 2 option.
- Click “Save” and “Apply”. You might need to reboot the router for the new settings to take effect.
How do I change my router to WPA?
To change the WiFi password or security level:
- Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your router’s network.
- Enter www.routerlogin.net. …
- Enter the router admin user name and password. …
- Select Wireless. …
- Under the Security Options, select a WPA option.
Is WEP key same as WIFI password?
Note: The WEP key or WPA/WPA2 preshared key/passphrase is not the same as the password for the access point. The password lets you access the access point settings. The WEP key or WPA/WPA2 preshared key/passphrase allows printers and computers to join your wireless network.
How do I setup a WEP hotspot?
Settings > Under Wireless & networks turn Wi-Fi Off. > Settings > More > Tethering & Mobile Hotspot > Mobile Hotspot to turn on the hotspot. Security—Select the type of security you want, and touch Save: WEP, WPA, or WPA2. Enter a unique password.
How do I connect my Iphone to WEP WIFI?
Next, go to Settings, choose Wi-Fi, and tap on your network name. Then you need to tap on “WEP Password”, and you’ll be able to choose “WEP hex or ASCII”. Once you’ve done that, click Enter Password to go back and type in your password. Click Join after you’ve typed your password, and you should be in!
How do I know if my Wi-Fi is WEP or WPA?
View the security settings on the access point.
- Open a Web browser. Type the IP address of the access point in the address field, and then press Enter. Notes: …
- Enter the user name and password for the access point when prompted. Note: …
- Look for the WEP key or WPA/WPA2 preshared key/passphrase.
How do you secure your Wi-Fi?
Keep your home Wi-Fi safe in 7 simple steps
- Change the default name of your home Wi-Fi. …
- Make your wireless network password unique and strong. …
- Enabling network encryption. …
- Turn off network name broadcasting. …
- Keep your router’s software up to date. …
- Make sure you have a good firewall. …
- Use VPNs to access your network.